1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Repetier-Host Mac 0.56 problem: "5 commands waiting"

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cybus, Nov 16, 2013.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That sure looks like a communication error. Baud rates are set correctly (250000)?
    Not sure about the settings/dialogs on the Mac.

2. Leon Grossman

Leon Grossman Active Member

OK, here's where I'm confused. I gave you the solution to this problem weeks ago. I confirmed that my exact same symptoms were solved with a $25 board. I gave you the link to that board.

Why are you still struggling with this problem?

Is it annoying? Yes
    Should you have to do it? No

Let me reiterate, some (maybe all) of the Taurino boards use a version of the USB driver chip firmware that has known bugs. You can try to reflash the communications chip on the Arduino board or you can replace it. No amount of reset button pressing or cable swapping is going to solve this problem. It is an issue with the USB chipset in your laptop and the USB firmware on the Arduino board.

My money says that spending weeks futzing around with this problem was far more frustrating than $25.

3. Cybus

Cybus Member

My main concern is not the $25, it is disassembling an expensive electronic device with which I am largely unfamiliar. That being said, I do plan on replacing the board, but not until I have tried everything that, if done incorrectly, will not harm the printer.

2 people like this.
  4. 99centurions

99centurions New Member

Whenever I get this issue I UNPLUG AND REPLUG THE USB CABLE and try again. works every time. This is on a MAC, not sure if the same will fix on a PC. (has nothing to do with a USB hub as mine is connected directly to the computer)

5. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

Or another great alternative would be to forget that repetier ever existed and switch to CURA.
    CfartWare unique is also great, but its a bit more complicated then cura and much more professional since its not an open source but free as of right now.

6. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Once in a while when I have been printing, my print shows that it printing but it's not. Frozen at a point. I turn off the print - restart the printer and reconnect with Repetier.

If it still fails anytime soon, your computer needs to restarted. Memory issue are the fault, restarting will refresh you memory and probable help with any USB issues.

Make sure your printer is off, then restart the computer. Once your computer is active with Internet connectivity, start the printer. Your Windows computer has discovery driver and will then see the active port that the computer is connected to. Sometime these drivers fault and that's why you have to restart to get them to work again.

Not sure if it's the same on a Mac but rebooting always helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in Canada

7. Edq

Edq New Member

In case this helps anyone.

The firmware was not recognised for my printer until I used a higher quality cable and USB-C to USB dongle for my Mac.

Before that the printer seemed to recognise a connection, in that it would make a noise when connected, but the software said firmware unrecognised.

Once I used an official Apple dongle it worked.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Good catch, I thought this was in the FAQ, but it may have been overlooked.
    A new, high quality USB cable is a good thing since the printers push a LOT more data over a USB port (and for longer time) than almost any other USB peripheral.