1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Repetier works, but MatterControl doesn't. Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Josh Simons, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Josh Simons

Josh Simons New Member

I can use Repetier to connect to and control my printer, but while MatterControl reports it has connected to the printer: 1) It always says "checking device firmware" at the bottom of the advanced screen, 2) manual controls do not work, 3) temperatures are always shown as zero. When I run the terminal to monitor communications, I see MatterControl issuing commands, but I don't see any responses.

I have power cycled the printer when switching between printer software and restarted the printer software at the same time to ensure I am starting from scratch in both cases.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be or how to debug it?

2. 330SC

330SC Member

have you tried a different port for each or maybe uninstalling Repetier just to see.

3. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I MC, you need to install the Robo3d printer and add the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Rick Collins

Rick Collins Member

I have a similar problem in that everything works in matter control until I tell it to print... Once I hit print the software says it's printing but nothing happens at the printer. Manually I can move the head around, it's just when I go to print.

So back to repetier I have gone :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk