1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Repiter host freezes mid print

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dr. D, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Dr. D

Dr. D Member

I don't know how many of you have encountered this but it seems the repiter host just randomly stops my print. All incoming data (via temps) stops as well and the program doesn't respond unless I restart it and kill my print.

2. Drew Eby

Drew Eby Member

Hi Dr. D,

I have noticed this problem when the computer goes to sleep it will lose connection. Try setting your computer to not go to sleep while working and make sure you plug it in. If this isn't the problem then I have also noticed that their is a setting on USB ports to shut them off after a while of inactivity to conserve battery. You can try changing that and just set it to always on while you are printing.

3. Dr. D

Dr. D Member

Tried that happened again...

4. Drew Eby

Drew Eby Member

Did you try turning the USB ports to always on? The other problem that can cause this is a voltage surge on a faulty power grid depending on what country you are in. If your computer loses power during the middle of a print it will kill the print.

5. Dr. D

Dr. D Member

Yeah I set the usb to always on...

My thoughts were that it was power surge to the printer not the PC. I hooked the printer to a surge protector. I am using an old laptop I have set up that is plugged in. I am in the U.S. but the power in this old place may or may not be too reliable... Maybe I should go hook up the PC to the surge protector too.

6. Drew Eby

Drew Eby Member

If the power is not that reliable then yes I would recommend trying that.

7. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I noticed that when I try to print after doing some configuration mods or if I turn off the printer, then back on, Repetier does not always respond until I restart my computer. So I got into the habit of settings things up, config and bed leveling, and then restarting the computer before a print. Guarantees a successful run.

I think Repetier has some coding issues. Mainly memory management. I run 3d program without a problem, but anything being sliced in Repetier, the computer basically hogs all the tasking time and if you try running too many things will crash Repetier (ver 0.90d and f) while it's slicing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk