1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Replacement Parts / No Response / Snagging Conduit

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Drigger, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Drigger

Drigger New Member

Hi all,

First id like to say i love the support / this forum. nothing like it out there for any 3d printer..

About a week or two ago i put in a request for replacement parts but have yet to hear back from Robo 3d. I have to admit im disappointed after reading reviews about their great customer service and frankly awesome community forums...

So maybe this might get me some help since i can stray away from this machine that seems to have awesome potential for the price.

here's my story:

This is my third Robo 3D R1. I am fortunate enough to live in northern Cali which has a great store called Frys that sells the Robo 3D, i have purchased 2 previous unit, both defective. One with a nozzle that would not heat out of the box and one that the bed would not head out of the box. Now im on to my third unit.

Both the nozzle and bed work just great but i have 2 problems. one creating another.

The zip tie that keeps the conduit up top (holding the power / control cables for the nozzle, and feeder) to the right, is way to tight and prevents it from moving freely... This unfortunately caused the conduit to snag which prevents the head/nozzle from moving all the way to the right and eventually snapped the x axis belt after 3 failed bed levelings... and after inspection the belt had cracks all over it...

So for the community, how tight is your zip tie up top? any mods that replace the zip tie since my past units would get slightly stuck on the conduit as it moved from left to right on the x axis?

And for Robo 3D. A new x axis belt? Please? Help? Otherwise im going to return this unit as well.

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

That zip tie shouldn't be causing a problem. Maybe the cables running through it are just tied a little too short on one side or the other. I'd clip it off, adjust a bit, make sure you get full movement, and reattach.

If you're having trouble with the replacements part request, just request a live chat session and they should take care of you pretty quickly.

3. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

I had to adjust mine too. It kept snagging on the zip tie. Just cut it then pull the conduit to make sure you have enough slack then zip tie back up.

4. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

Did the belt break into multiple pieces or did the zip ties that hold it to the carriage break?

If I'm not mistaken the belts have kevlar or something similar in them, I would not be worried about cracking in the rubber.

5. Drigger

Drigger New Member

Thanks for the suggestion on the live chat. Ill give it a try.

As for the conduit, its worth noting that it is the ribbed type (not spiral). Out of the box the zip to was so tight that it could not slide back and forth preventing the head front moving all the way to the left..

Ill have to play around with the zip tie when the units up and running.