1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Replacement Print Bed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Sam275, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Sam275

Sam275 New Member

My Robo R1+ print bed has a pretty bad chip in it and also has an under glass fracture. I am unsure as to how this happened, it was not dropped or hit by anything (the fracture happened overnight after I left a print to cool on the bed, I was going to remove it but It felt like it was stuck pretty good so I left it and when I came back the next day the part was loose and there was a fracture. The chip happened when I went to remove a part from the bed, I took off the part and glass had stuck to the bottom) any suggestion on how to prevent this in the future and what are some replacement bed options (I looked at the Robo parts and didn't see any beds for the R1 and I also looked at Geckotec but I didn't find any either.)

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Nope, they have been OOS (out of stock) on R1 parts for ... years.
    Do what most people do and get a cheap piece of plate glass from your local hardware store cut to size and use binder clips to hold it on top of the bed.

There are more permanent solutions (like replacing the bed with aluminum plate) but none as easy or cheap as the float/plate glass.

3. Sam275

Sam275 New Member

Would putting a piece of glass on it affect the heat? would I have to set the temperature higher?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Not typically. The glass is thin enough the heat isnt really effected. If you find some issues just bump it a smidge

5. izumi5188

izumi5188 Member

I got glass on top on fine. Works great. Heck, get two pieces. If you have a stubborn print where the glue, my case hair spray, doesn't release, I can soak one in the bath tub and keep printing.

Geof, WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.