1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved [REPRAPGURU] 2004 LCD Smart Display Controller - With RoBo R1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marco Ramirez, Feb 22, 2017.

?

it is good or other lcd its better

Poll closed Mar 1, 2017.
  1. xxl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. guru 2004

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco Ramirez

Marco Ramirez New Member

Hi friends, just buy this LCD, I would arrive next week, watching videos, can print directly from the SD, and adjust some things like speed, which I do not know if the speed would affect the finish of the printing. I have several questions and I thank the teachers if they can help me. You are really geniuses.
    1- What quality is printed directly from the SD? (On pc robor1 software, i can choose low, medium or high. That varies a lot the speed and quality.
    2- In the G code, can you save the preference of printing?
    3- For this model of LCD ([REPRAPGURU] 2004 LCD Smart Display Controller), what is the best case for my roboR1 plus? My favorite page is thingiverse.com

I really want to print without relying on a laptop but I am worried about those questions, the installation of the hardware is very easy I hope.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

1) Whatever quality you sliced at. There is nothing that allows the printer to slice the models on the LCD, they must already be generated into GCODE.
    2) Not sure what preferences you mean. Can you elaborate (go into more detail)?
    3) There are a lot of them out there. Search thingiverse for it ("LCD Smart Display Controller"). I honestly can't remember which one I used it was a long time ago.

Marco Ramirez likes this.
  3. Marco Ramirez

Marco Ramirez New Member

Mark , if i make on the software the g code with low quality on the SD file , the printer take that info and do it ? or print on standard quality ?

4. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Both are equally good.
    The Smart Controller (guru) shouldn't need any modifications.
    The XXL needs some minor edits.

I've been using my LCD Controller for a couple of months now and am very happy with it.
    The quality of the print is dependant on what settings you use to slice it to gcode.

Steps involved:
    1. Download a model
    2. Load it (stl file) into your software (slicer) Matter Control, Cura, Simplify3D, etc.
    3. Save it to SD card (gcode not stl)
    4. Eject card from PC then insert card into Controller.
    5. Print from SD - Controller will use whatever setting you had in your software.

You can speed up the Feed Rate (speed it prints) and slow it down. Depending on the model you are printing you can go from very successful to total fail. I can print a simple model at 250% normal with no loss of detail if there is very little detail to begin with. I can bring out some great delicate details by slowing it down to 25%-50%.

The 3 quality setting in you software are sort of "beginners" settings. You can turn on Expert settings and see a world of settings that can be changed when you get comfortable with it. (KEEP GOOD NOTES on all changes)

When looking for cases on Thingiverse just enter your model of controller in the search field and you'll get dozens of choices.

5. Marco Ramirez

Marco Ramirez New Member

tks very much you are my hero jeje

6. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Do I get a T-Shirt?

Happy to assist, hope the info works well for you.

7. Marco Ramirez

Marco Ramirez New Member

im print a lot of models on médium and high , im user on thingiverse , marcoramirez user , tks again Rigmarol.

Rigmarol likes this.
  8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It prints it at whatever "quality" you sliced it at. That part you can't change. You can as @Rigmarol indicated changes things like speed and the like, but not things like layer height.

Rigmarol likes this.
  9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@Marco Ramirez this is why i directed you to tge forum on amazon. So many people willing to help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.