1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo 3D R1 has problems with Z axis

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gonzalo, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonzalo

Gonzalo New Member

One week ago after a long time printing in my robo when I try to remove a objet from the heated bed and BUUUUM a piece off glass pop out with the printed object...
    Long history short, I order a new heated bed and because I'll pay for international shipping I add to the shopping car the lead screws update. Two day ago I received all the parts, the same day I installed the heated bed and the new lead screws. All looks good at the beginning but then...
    After change my configuration.h file (#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,800,688.86} // default steps per unit for RoBo 3D R1) and calibrate the Z offset the pinter print the first layer and then the next layer go to high then higher and higher. I update the firmware again with the same results.
    Using G1 ZX.XX command I measure the real movement distance from Z axis and is 3 times more than I expected, for example I move 10mm and the Z axis move 30mm.
    I change the Z STEPS from 800 to 400 to make a test, nothing happen the Z axis move 3 times more, no matter what number I use in the Z STEPS line always the Z axis move 3 times more.
    I test the Z limits switches and are working good.
    Now I'm out off ideas and need help

Sorry for my english but is not my native language.

#1 Gonzalo, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

800 is correct but you probably are using the FLASH EEPROM instead of straight firmware which means you MUST update that as well.
    in a GCOde terminal do the following (after reloading firmware with the correct Z steps):

enter an
    M502

and then an
    M500

That will reset back to what is in the firmware.

If you were to first do an M503 before the other two commands I bet you will see in the data it spits back that the Z steps is still set to your original number :)

Gonzalo, danzca6 and Geof like this.
  3. Gonzalo

Gonzalo New Member

Hi Mark,, thanks for the replay.
    You are totally right, after the M503 command I read Z steps = 2560!
    Now is working again.
    Tonight I'll calibrate Z offset and print a test object.

danzca6 and mark tomlinson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.