1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo 3D R1 Plus knocked print job out of place

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Matt Brenner, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Brenner

Matt Brenner New Member

I have had a few problems with this printer starting this year and they may or may not be related to my current problem. First the plastic wasn't sticking to the bed at times which would mess the printing up, later the extruder wouldn't lower. I resolved this issue by adjusting the z-axes bars, when I did this it seemed to lay down the first several layers fine and it stuck to the bed. I let the 6 hour print go and at some point maybe a quarter of the way through the print got knocked off the bed and at that point it messed up the rest of the print. I didn't see it happen but my guess is the extruder bumped into the print job and knocked it out of place. I'm not exactly sure where to start to try to fix the problem or how to even tell what exactly is the problem. Please help me with any trouble shooting steps to try to fix this problem. Thank you for your help.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Once your first layer looks like that then if it continues to have problems it is likely in need of some chemical persuasion :)
    For most filaments (PLA, ABS for example) hairspray works fine for me. There are alternatives we can point you at if it is still problematic though.

4. Matt Brenner

Matt Brenner New Member

Hello again and sorry for the late reply. I cleaned the glass plate bed. It had a lot of plastic and glue left on it from being used a lot and not being cleaned. However it is still not working. Right now even the first layer has problems. What I see is the plastic solidifying before it touches the glass. I feel like the extruder should be closer to the bed. Please let me know if you want a picture or short video of anything in particular or if you have any more advice please let me know. Thank you.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yes, pictures and/or video
    If your first layer does not look like the one I referenced then your Z offset is not correct or a larger problem is in play (probably Z offset though)

Change it to be lower in your startup GCode

6. Matt Brenner

Matt Brenner New Member

I will post a video when i get a chance soon. Meanwhile, I think the Z-Offset is the problem granted I might just not know. But I'm not sure how to change my Z-Offset. I know in the settings I can move the extruder around but it seems like when I start a print it re calibrates itself back to where it was. Is there an easy description of how to adjust it?

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

8. Matt Brenner

Matt Brenner New Member

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Awesome, thanks for following up and closing the loop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.