1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

ROBO 3D R1+ Plus w LCD screen?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Coach Tom, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clayton

Clayton Member

I should probably start a new thread but since this started here I'll state what happened to me. I didn't need a buck converter as there is a jumper on the TFT2.8 that allows you to change it to 12v. I just recieved my new board (rev 4) and connected everything up. Everything was working including the TFT2.8 but the Y axis was trying to home in the wrong direction.
    I was assuming it was because I didn't reverse the way the Y axis plugs into the board as it was on my old one so I went to configuration.h and changed #define_X_HOME_DIR -1 to #define X_HOME_DIR 1. After uploading the Y axis just locked solid and the computer would not connect any longer.
    Thinking I better set it all back the way it was I changed it back and also reversed the plug on the board to match the original configuration on my old board. Now I can upload firmware but the computer and TFT no longer communicate with it and the Y axis still locks and stays locked. I tried changing the driver board and that did nothing.
    Did I fry it by changing the homing direction or by reversing the way the wires plugged into the Ramps board?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

reversing the stepper connections on the RAMPS is harmless since the steppers will just run backwards.

Start a new thread for troubleshooting your issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.