1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!
  2. Please message Harry if you experience any technical difficulties while using the forum. Thank you.

Robo C2 and Robo R2 Smart 3D Printers

Discussion in 'ROBO 3D News and Announcements' started by ROBOLabs, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Member

The plan from the beginning was to begin shipping the R2 two months after the C2 first shipment. The next update to the R2 backers is supposed to refine that estimate.

2. fredm

fredm Member

so are the R@ machines still on schedule to ship in January?
    looking forward to see some reviews.

3. supernovae

supernovae New Member

Last I heard was that it would be early february. Can't wait to get mine.

4. ROBOLabs

ROBOLabs Moderator

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share an update. Please check out the following announcement for more info about the R2:

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20170116/pdf/43fbcq20tyhgj0.pdf

We just got back from CES, where the R2 won an Innovation Award. The feedback we got from everyone at the show about the C2 and R2 was very positive, with lots of folks noting the aesthetics as a differentiating factor between our machines and those of our competitors. We hope our supporters enjoy the effort we've put into our C2 and R2 printers.

5. supernovae

supernovae New Member

Pretty neat. As a consumer though, Pre-orders shouldn't be pay up front if they're not even sent off to manufacturing yet and not part of a kickstarter discount.. I would have left my pre-order open if it would have been billed on shipment but instead I cancelled it when it was announced it won't ship until march. (and since i paid it in full on my credit card i have a weird -1449 balance lol)

I look forward to seeing the prints.. aesthetics are cool, but 1200+ bucks should be about print performance.. i don't carry around my 3d printer as a fashion statement :)

Ryan TeGantvoort likes this.
  6. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

I totally agree about the pre-order. There is no way I'm going to pre-order something and pay in full. They took in a lot of peoples money and I was blown away when at CES they thought they had a manufacturer. Are you kidding me? You didn't have one all along. This has been a long time coming, you collected a lot of money from kickstarter (twice), then taking pre-orders for 100% down, and you've gone public. That's a lot of money always up front. I hope they can transition to a regular way of doing business.

7. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

Wow this is hilarious! @supernovae hit it right on the nose. I guess for $1200, it's a pretty paper weight or hat weight lol. The pictures I have seen of the C2 prints are not that spectacular, even compared to a R1+. So how do the printers compare to another printer in that price range? That's what I would like to see. I bet a Prusa MK2 or, like I said before, even a R1+ would have similar prints for half the cost.

8. Braydon ROBO 3D

Braydon ROBO 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Guys,

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out. We had been gearing up Foxconn for a while but did not have a formal agreement signed so we were not able to announce the partnership, but we have already been making our injection mold tooling and buying components to get production going.

9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Well-Known Member

That is an interesting choice of words.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk