1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo for Android (beta)

Discussion in 'Software' started by AlienBeans, Mar 10, 2018.

1. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

They finally released their android app a week or so ago. I believe its currently in beta and not officially released at this point. I've got it and it seems to work really well to monitor prints. Webcam view is nice (of course we all know robo failed miserably on the case lighting). I have yet to link mine with google drive or drop box to use it to actually start a print. Anybody else gotten into this yet?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I have had a few connection issues, plus I really don't need to use it with Dropbox or Google Drive so I haven't used that feature yet. It works but I really don't see where they added anything new that the other Android OctoPrint clients don't already have.

3. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll link it to my dropbox account or not. Not really sure I have much use for it other than to monitor prints. Tried to connect to it today while i was at work and it didn't show online. I'm wondering if it didn't show because the print job was finished when I happened to check on it. Have to check it again when I start an all day print job and see if I can connect then.