1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo Kickstarter Documentation

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Brian McGhee, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Brian McGhee

Brian McGhee New Member

I have one of the original Kickstarter models that has been sitting in my closet for the last couple of years but I seem to be missing the setup guide. Where can I find the documentation for this printer?

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

As far as I know only @mark tomlinson is familiar with that printer model, maybe he can chime in the next time he is online.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, I have a couple that started off as the Beta units (the technical name for them).
    If you have any specific questions, hit me up. Other than the manual leveling of the bed there is not a lot of difference running the printer.

Start with this video for bed leveling -- it is NOT Robo specific, but your beta has 4 screws in the corners that are used to help level the bed.

and then move to this for general Robo stuff:

Welcome to the forum and don't hesitate to ping me.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

P.S. there really was no setup guide for the beta -- that started shipping with the actual R1 unit in 2014.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

and also :)

You can upgrade the beta version quite easily to be the equivalent of the R1 or even the R1+ (auto bed leveling, all-metal hotend, new style bed, leadscrews) if you are up for it we have the details on how to do all of that.

Get it printing again first off and if you have questions there we can sort that out.