1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Robo r1 plus

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jmsloane, Aug 20, 2018.

1. jmsloane

jmsloane New Member

Hello there,

My printer seems to have gone stupid in the motherboard or something. When using Mattercontrol and hitting z the printer will not move down. When printing, during the calibration stage it only moves up. I an manually turn the screws to move them up, i can manually move the screws for it to go down. The housing of the screws is not pressed against the z stop. I have attempted to reflash the arduino on board, manually tightened the screws to cause the housing and end stop to be pressed. Please help!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

One of the Z switches is stuck open so it thinks it is already "on the bed" and will not go down more.
    The switches must be closed (the cross bar resting on them) for the arduino to allow the Z to go down

3. jmsloane

jmsloane New Member

Hey mark. I have tried manually screwing them to get both sides to depress on the end stop but it still wants to stair step when calibrating or printing

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If you can use the GCode terminal (I am not a matter control user) issue this command and you will see the status of the endstops.

M119

It will then show you the current state of all the endstops.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

One of them is either not completely closed (and getting opened when it moves) or you have a bad wire or bad connection

review this video:

jmsloane likes this.
  6. jmsloane

jmsloane New Member

I will do so when i get home.

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Let us know :)
    The "always goes up" symptom is inevitably a bad Z switch/connection/wire/etc. Sort of a "tell"
    Also the "throw" on that switch is a couple of mm so it does not have to be far out of position to read "open" instead of closed. The X and Y axis are closed to read triggered (at end stop) but the logic for the Z is inverted (they are normally closed and read triggered for open). Also there are two switches and either one being triggered counts ...

#7 mark tomlinson, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Geof likes this.