1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo R1 Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by WIRGaming, Aug 24, 2015.

1. WIRGaming

WIRGaming New Member

Hi, I was making some adjustments to my R1 by adding an E3D V6 hotend and I got a few prints out of it. Then I added a wirechain and re-plugged in all the wires in the correct places. I then put on the chain like rubber thing on and turned on the printer. The printer won't turn on. I checked my outlets and stuff and it seems to work fine by the printer wont work. Any suggestions on what to do or fix this? Also my X axis wont move that smoothly and I'm not sure how to fix that either.

2. WIRGaming

WIRGaming New Member

Strange thing so the printer turns on now but only without the red connecter all the way to the left where the power supply is connected to the printer. Missing one of the 2 positive connections the printer works fine

3. Miguel Angel Quintero

When you disconnect anything, be double sure you connect it back as it was...

heres a video on the wiring, in case you didn't take a pic before taking it all apart

4. WIRGaming

WIRGaming New Member

Thanks looks like i wired the powers supply to the board incorrectly. But it had worked before wired incorrectly so I'm a bit confused on that.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Is it not powering on the LED's at all? Chances are your fuse blew on the switch.

6. Zachary Nicholas Hillman

hey! i know this post is from years ago, but the fuse in my robo r1+ went out and i replaced it and now its not turning on at all anybody know what i could do?

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Probably a bad power supply.
    Pull the bottom off and use a voltmeter to see if you are getting 120v AC (if you are in the US) to the power supply input.
    If you are then check the power supply output for 12v DC and make sure that is correct.

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Power supply looks like this: https://www.partsbuilt.com/power-supply-r1-robo/
    and the inputs/outputs are labeled on the terminal board where the connectors are (you can just barely see the labels in that picture)

Use a voltmeter and be careful -- there is AC in there.