1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo R2 Camera Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dragon, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Dragon

Dragon New Member

Not sure if anyone will see this. I am having an issue with my camera. Octoprint wouldn't view my camera, I went and made sure that it was enabled (by checking the physical printers option menu.) It was off. When I try to turn on the camera it auto shuts off. Logged in via putty and did rasp-config and enabled camera there. To test it out I ran "raspistill -o cam.jpg".
    Result: "mmal: mmal_vc_component_enable: failed to enable component: ENOSPC
    mmal: camera component couldn't be enabled
    mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
    mmal: Failed to run camera app. Please check for firmware updates"

Printer says I'm running RoboOS 2.0.0-r2.6

I checked the connection to the Pi seems to be fine. This problem started when my image crashed two days ago. I had to use an image that is posted somewhere on this forum. (I've had to do that a few times in the months I've gotten the printer and never had a camera issue.) It seems like every time I turn around something on the printer is dying:(

2. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Have you considered the possibility of the SDCard going bad? Failure to properly shutdown the Raspberry Pi can cause the underlying hardware (SDCard) to get corrupted.

3. Dragon

Dragon New Member

I've tried new SD cards when the image crashes. I've used the shutdown function ever since I've owned the machine.

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Ok. With your R2 printer idling (i.e. no printing), Tap the Utilities menu, tap Options and then Camera. What does the printer report back?

5. Dragon

Dragon New Member

The printer would print fine no idling. The camera would not turn on. When I went to Opions>Camera it would say "Camera OFF". When I pressed the On button its would say "Camera On" for maybe a second or less and switch to "Camera OFF" no matter how many times I pressed on it would automatically/instantly turn off.

What I've done so far was acquired another R2 Image from this forum that mark tomlinson posted. I put the image on a new SD card and got the printer on my WIFI and updated it. The problem I'm having with that image is the Z-offset. I have used the Z-offset Wizard 3 times (yes I saved pressed save) each time the Z-Offset is set to 12.75 (which seems weird to me. weird because it seems like 12.75 is too far from the bed.) When I go to Wizards>Bed Leveling> I get an error saying that the Z-Offset has not been set yet. mark tomlinsons' Image for the R2 has a working camera. When I go to turn it on it stays on and I can view the camera via chrome.

So that tells me that something is wrong with the image I had before not really hardware issue.

#5 Dragon, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    mark tomlinson likes this.