1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo R2 noise

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by CARALI GILLES, Sep 14, 2017.

1. CARALI GILLES

CARALI GILLES New Member

Hello,
    Before to buy a Robo R2, i would like to know the level of noise of the printer in decibels (with 2 extruders).

Actually i have a CEL-Robox which is a little bit to noisy for me and i would like to change with a Robo R2

Does anyone have the answer ?

Is it possible to do a movie while the printer is printing something with the sound recording ?

Thank you very much

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @CARALI GILLES . I've moved your post to the R2 section so R2 owners can chime in. No R2s as of right now have or come with dual extruders. Robo says thats an "upgrade" option that will come in the future.

3. CARALI GILLES

CARALI GILLES New Member

Thank you for the answer Geof. But my initial question was about the noise of the printer. Is it a noisy one or a quiet one ?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I dont know. I dont have a R2. Sorry could only address the dual extrusion abd move to the r2 section so other r2 owners can help

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

It depends on where the noise is coming from. If you get one with the first series of power supplies, which have a fan in it, the power supply is incredibly noisy, even noisier than the rest of the printer. The printer itself isn't terribly noisy, but I wouldn't put it in a den or bedroom, or print at night.

Geof likes this.