1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo R2 Probing Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Victoria Nedbal, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Victoria Nedbal

Hi all,

I'm waiting for Robo Support to get back to me on this issue but I was wondering if anyone on here can help with some troubleshooting in the meantime.

I am having a Connection/Probing Error with my Robo R2. Basically, what happens is that the extruder keeps running into the build plate without stopping. This happens when it's auto bed leveling. Any ideas on how to fix this without having to take out the bed leveling G Code and setting the height manually?

I've tried dusting the IR sensor, unplugging and replugging the sensor cord, basic turning the machine off and on again.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance!!!

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Victoria,
    I typically remove the G35/G36 command from the gcode scripts. Replace it with a G28; G29; and it seems to help some people. I'd also make sure the buildtak on the bed is very clean. Shiny spots will wreak havok on you. Basically the IR sensor is seeing something out of the range it finds acceptable so it keeps diving.

TransBat and supercazzola like this.
  3. Victoria Nedbal

The G28 command seemed to work. Thank you so much!

supercazzola likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Very welcome! Let us know if you have any issues, I'll leave the thread open for a few days.