1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo R2: ZAxis refused to stop

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BinaryToshokan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. BinaryToshokan

BinaryToshokan New Member

Hello Everyone,

Just recently picked up an Robo R2 to get into 3d printing earlier this week. So for the last few days I have been running some test and calibration print jobs to make sure everything is properly aligned, working and whatnot.

So, to the weird issue I encountered today... I was trying to print some bed leveling squares. (See Bed levelling squares (150x150mm) on thingiverse) The issue was after I started the print job. It went through the normal auto-bed calibration and then started to raise the Z axis on the last corner, but it wouldn't stop. It jammed the bed into the nozzle and ended up with a piece nicked out of the bed. I ended up having to hard power it off and restart to retract the bed away from the nozzle.

Anyone else encounter this and what can be done to prevent it in the future?

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Moved into R2 section (not a C2 questions)

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Clean off the IR sensor. That could help. I do have a theory, if the sensor is already below the trigger point and it tries to find the trigger again, sometimes it gets confused and thinks it still has to get closer to the bed in order to find it. I have found that powering off then turning the leadscrew to lower the bed below the trigger point then restating usually fixes the issue.

4. BinaryToshokan

BinaryToshokan New Member

Ah, I can see how that might happen. Thanks @WheresWaldo, I'll give that a try.

In any case... RIP my first BuildTak baseplate.

Geof likes this.
  5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Can still print on it if needed :) I wouldn’t replace it unless you have to