1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo3d C2: Fried Touchscreen

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KRGraphicsCG, Jul 5, 2017.

1. KRGraphicsCG

KRGraphicsCG Member

Good evening, guys. So as I am ready for my 3d printing journey, that journey has been HALTED. I just received my C2 today (about two hours ago after waiting all day) and I was SUPER excited to set it up, until I got the point of turning it on, and BAM, a dead screen. Then I got REALLY sad, because I ordered it on Monday through Amazon, and now I have a 20lb paperweight on my desk. I also made an appointment with tech support, but it is pointless now since the screen is completely dead and can't operate the printer nor set up WiFi on it.

So I am either going to wait for Robo to get back to me on Tuesday, or I will send the printer back and try and get a replacement... just not a great start to my 3D printing journey. And I already did the wire checks and everything is plugged in.

Has anyone gotten the screen replaced? I have heard about Octoprint but I can't get WiFi set up without the screen

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Since you purchased it from Amazon, send it back and get a replacement. Do not mess with trying to fix it or having tech support try to troubleshoot it. That is one reason you buy from Amazon in the first place, easy returns.

KRGraphicsCG likes this.
  3. KRGraphicsCG

KRGraphicsCG Member

I am going to have this returned to sender first thing in the morning. This soured my first day of my journey. I am getting a refund and try to get another c2 and HOPE I have no issues with this one.

Geof likes this.
  4. KRGraphicsCG

KRGraphicsCG Member

It is also already registered...

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Registration is not an issue, You should expect that a purchase such as this will work out of the box, if it doesn't then return for replacement. Hardware is not software don't worry about any registration process that you may have gone through.

6. KRGraphicsCG

KRGraphicsCG Member

I am sending it back tomorrow morning... I will try again with this machine.

7. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Dont let this issue keep you from wanting to stay in 3D printing. If for some reason you have an issue with the next one "which hopefully you wont" just post on here and we will try to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRGraphicsCG likes this.
  8. KRGraphicsCG

KRGraphicsCG Member

I appreciate that, man. Shouldn't take long to get a replacement unit. And I think you told me it takes a minute to boot up.

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The C2 will either work out of the box or be a pain. :)
    You can (and should) expect the former.

10. KRGraphicsCG

KRGraphicsCG Member

And I was so furious, I asked for a refund and gonna try to get it again and hope it works. This is my first 3d printer too.

Geof likes this.
  11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I can promise you...this will not be the most frustrating part of your 3D printing experience, but when you have a machine that works the satisfaction NORMALLY outweighs the annoyance ;)

KRGraphicsCG likes this.
  12. KRGraphicsCG

KRGraphicsCG Member

Indeed!! :D And I just reordered the printer, with TWO more rolls of PLA! And it arrives on Sunday

OutsourcedGuru and Geof like this.