1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo3D Extruder CAD?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by deuel18, Jul 8, 2016.

1. deuel18

deuel18 Member

Hello. I'm curious in the future, will there be CAD files for the polymer parts of Robo3D such as the extruder assembly and the xyz polymer parts? Would be very nice so other people could maybe tweak it for further customization?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can find everything on thingiverse.

The original robo (the beta) has most all parts there. Things like the extruder assembly are standard Greg's Wade parts (and those are all over thingiverse).

3. deuel18

deuel18 Member

I see. Thanks

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Now, having re-read your post:)
    What you are going to find is a LOT of STL files (not CAD)
    Robo never released any of that. In fact, they have released nothing since the kickstarter for the Robo models.

There are a lot of Robo add-ons done by third parties (members here) and most of those DO have CAD files. The standard parts (like the Greg's Wade extruder) you can file CAD files for.

5. deuel18

deuel18 Member

It's fine since I consider STL files as CAD also (personal preference) . But would be really nice if we have those parts in the website for beginners and experts alike to log in and easily change them (the CAD files) for their further optimization. Since these parts are already in thingyverse (just randomly dispersed), I don't see this idea hurting Robo3D as a company (copyright problems).

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

@Geof is working on an updated FAQ.
    Perhaps it can have links to thingiverse.

Rigmarol likes this.
  7. deuel18

deuel18 Member

yey!! Thank u very much

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ill do my best to include :)

Rigmarol likes this.
  9. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

You want CAD, then @Mike Kelly is the one to look for. He has done a great job supplying SolidWorks models of all stock parts and with all of the great mods he has done for our community. Here is a link to the full printer that should get you all the stock parts you need models of. If you don't have SolidWorks, there is a free download to open them and view from SolidWorks. These are great references when doing your own mods.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:729956

UPDATE: Oh I see he has the STEP files as well. It's a big download for everything, so lots of goodies ;)

Update #2: Geof, if you ever need any help with an FAQ section let me know. That will be a huge help to newbies and oldies in this community.

#9 danzca6, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@danzca6 id ve happy for as many peoples input as possible. Send your thoughts my way buddy and ill get it added and with thanks to you