1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved ROBO3D R1 Plus Not Printing.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Muhammad Amir, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

yea that what im trying to avoid uploadin
    yea that what im trying to avoid uploading firmware ... thats why im looking if i can change sitting without uploading firmware.
    how can i download arduino files for my machine

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

It is literally impossible to change firmware settings on the machine without re-uploading the firmware if you're using a machine that was factory-loaded with firmware that wouldn't allow changes to EEPROM settings.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

5. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

OK...let's see of we can get this figured out for you. You already posted pics and it looks like you have auto bed leveling and you don't have the newer leadscrews that come on the R1+. You also have smooth rods for the y axis and not drawer slides. So that means you are not running a beta. SO that leaves us with needing to know what size you threaded rods are on the Z axis. Either they are 5/16" rods or 8mm rods. How can we tell? Do you have an M8 nut or a 5/16" nut? If so, try one and if it fits then that is the size you need for the z steps in the firmware below. If it doesn't then the other is what you need. Don't have either size nut available? Count the threads in one inch of length on the threaded rod. If about 18 threads, then you have 5/16" rods. If closer to 25 threads in one inch of length, then you have the 8mm. I have linked directly to the files you need for either one below. Mark's link above has them as well along with the instructions on how to download the arduino software and set it up to do the upload. Please send an M503 from the terminal window of MatterControl and copy and paste the results into a document to save and refer to later if needed before uploading any new firmware files. That is going to help later if you really need it. And...this won't kill your printer.

Install instructions and all firmware version files:
    http://guide.robo3d.com/Wiki/ROBO_3D_Firmware_Release_Notes

5/16" threaded rods firmware:
    http://download.robo3d.com/firmware/R1/Auto_Level_7_17_516inch_.zip

8mm threaded rods firmware:
    http://download.robo3d.com/firmware/R1/ROBO3DR1V3_06_11_2015.zip

6. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

Thanks you very much i can't wait to reach home and check ... you guys are great... i'll update you guys once i'll reach home

7. danzca6

SO can we take a step back for a moment? Your original issue is uneven print layers. I just looked at your printer pics and noticed that the pics that you have of your z axis where the x axis attaches has some issues. First, your end caps on your x axis are up over the coupling nuts on the z threaded rod. That is where you have the plastic bracket holding the endstops for the Z axis.

First, loosen that plastic bracket and get the nuts back into their hole of the end cap and make sure the end cap is as far down as possible onto those nuts. Then move that bracket back up so it is as tight as possible against the bottom of the end caps and then retighten the screw/nut that pinches the endstop bracket to the nut. Now you x axis is a bit more secured and where it should be for even printing.

Next, since this probably changed how level your x axis it compared to your print bed, go through a manual paper leveling. That is when you put a small piece of printer paper you might have laying around and put it on the bed under the nozzle. Lower the nozzle down to the paper until it gives a bit of a tug when you move the paper. Start this on one side of the bed and then do it again on the other. You don't need the printer on doing this. You can manually turn each threaded rod on either side of you z axis by hand.

Now you should have a little more luck with printing evenly. If you need more help with this when you get home in front of your printer let us know. You may still want to go through and get the correct firmware files. You are going to want to make sure you have those on hand. Especially if you want to do any calibrations of things like your extruder or PID tuning for controlling temperature cycles. We can get into that later. For now, let's make sure the machine hardware is secured and setup correctly. Then we can move to firmware.

These checks might have been already discussed, but I might have lost track skimming through this thread again.

8. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Or use explosives. I have been tempted.

10. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

Thanks Just uploading some more pictures

Attached Files:

#70 Muhammad Amir, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

12. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

I don't know it will helpful pictures or no but I'm uploading

Attached Files:

13. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

Terminal output :

<-ok T:25.9 /0.0 B:26.4 /0.0 T0:25.9 /0.0 @:0 B@:0
    ->M503

<-echo:Steps per unit:
    <-echo: M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z2267.72 E723.38
    <-echo:Maximum feedrates (mm/s):
    <-echo: M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z2.50 E25.00
    <-echo:Maximum Acceleration (mm/s2):
    <-echo: M201 X9000 Y9000 Z100 E10000
    <-echo:Acceleration: S=acceleration, T=retract acceleration
    <-echo: M204 S1300.00 T3000.00
    <-echo:Advanced variables: S=Min feedrate (mm/s), T=Min travel feedrate (mm/s), B=minimum segment time (ms), X=maximum XY jerk (mm/s), Z=maximum Z jerk (mm/s), E=maximum E jerk (mm/s)
    <-echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X17.00 Z0.40 E5.00
    <-echo:Home offset (mm):
    <-echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00
    <-echo: PID settings:
    <-echo: M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00
    <-ok

14. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

From picture can u find out what firmware I should be using ?

15. danzca6

Not unless you take a picture of the threaded rods with a ruler next them.

Geof likes this.
  16. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Go to a store and get either an 8 mm nut or a 5/16 nut or both and try them :)
    It is one or the other. You can measure the threads like @danzca6 said as well.

17. danzca6

Actually your output from the M503 says you are currently setup for z steps for the 5/16 threaded rods. So the link I posted above is where you should start for firmware. However, don't change the firmware until you go through our suggestions for fixing the hardware setup first.

18. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

Spacial THANKS to @danzca6 @mark tomlinson @daniel871 & @Geof

Printer is working last night i spent with my printer it was worth it. i did leveling manually it worked. result is not 100%. im happy to get something in my hand. Im leaning i know i have to lean lot more... for-sure i reach on this point where my printer is printing, because of your help else i was loosing hope. :)

i'll upload my print picture soon :)

#78 Muhammad Amir, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    mark tomlinson, Geof and danzca6 like this.
  19. danzca6

WOOT! That's fantastic. I am so glad you were able to get to a good point and are printing again. Congratulations!!!

Geof likes this.
  20. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

without your help it was almost impossible for me to reach at this point : Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.