1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo3d version 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by scotta, Oct 7, 2013.

1. scotta

scotta Active Member

The Robo3d team is pushing forward with the next steps of buiding their company and running a jump start champaign
    https://jumpstartcity.com/events/robo-3d-printer/c

They are offering an improved version with some upgrades;

RoBo R1.2 Upgrades:

* It will have an upgraded z axis with precision guide rods by an established linear motion company

* All metal hot end

* A new y axis movement system

* Heated borosilicate build platform

* LED Lights

Does anyone know if they plan to offer an upgrade kit to existing owners?
    Whilst I do not even have my printer yet, I would particularly be interested in the z-axis guide rods

2. hizerian

hizerian New Member

I don't know about the other items but I do know that I will be getting a printer with a heated borosilicate glass platform, or bed, is there a difference? (i'm getting an ABS model but I missed the kickstarter so I have to wait until all the kickstarter orders are done to get mine :( ). I am also interested in getting some upgrades. I know why you would want an all metal hot end and better movements but not sure if these will be free or paid upgrades for the kickstarters and/or standard parts for people buying the printer in the future.

3. John Rygg

John Rygg Active Member

I hope the robo guys offer upgrades to their supporters on this forum that are doing the real life field testing!

3 people like this.
  4. John M. Fruits

Does anyone else here smell a RAT? ROBO 3D had a very successful campaign on Kickstarter, and are now selling printers directly from their website. This is another crowd funding sight (Jump Start City), which I would be surprised they would need to launch a second crowd funded project, and not to mention, there isn't any info of this (the crowd funding site or the improvements) on their current website!

5. wrdutcher

wrdutcher New Member

Successful campaign's get a business started, they do not keep them operating. Robo needs future customers to keep the company going. We all want them to succeed, but complaining here is not helping sales. Look at the jumpstarter, only 2 printer backers in the last 7 days, both at 10 percent discounts. They can't afford to stay in business with those sale's numbers. Yes, Robo will deliver current orders before the jump starters ship. And its very likely they will offer upgrades to ver 1 owners. It adds to the bottom line. Right now they are trying to get printers delivered and make everyone happy. We can help by focusing on the good points about the printer instead of discouraging new buyers, and maybe their business will still be operating come Jan 1st or the next time you need support.

5 people like this.
  6. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Not at all John and I do not think many others do here either I am not a business major or anything but you need to have customers both future and current for a sales business to succeed. The Robo Team has come online here and stated that yes they did have this going but none of those orders will be processed prior to the kickstarter campaign orders being fulfilled. I view it as a future looking avenue for future customers. I am not sure how upgrades can will be handled at this point but you can't imaging them not having any since the first design came out so there upgrade that exist right now but jumpin gin a room and only dealing with kickstarter orders is the best way I can think for the business to die and I do not think we want that so I want them to try and expand it will only help them exist in the future. I do not believe existing kickstarter orders will be forgotten nor do I believe the jumpstarter orders will be forgotten when they move to their inevitable next selling avenue --post jumpstarter. WE need to let them run their business and enjoy our products when they arrive

7. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I don't get why they just don't sell pre-orders for 1.2 on their site they would probably sell more that way. This jumpstartcity is unknown so I doubt they will even make their goal of $25,000.

8. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

that is probably true Seshan I think their social media guy put them on to this

9. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

More then likely, they need to get rid of the social media guy that's re-posting 3d print news on facebook (I'm not following RoBo 3D to get 3d printing news, I follow them for RoBo 3D news) and hire some one that can be useful by sharing information about RoBo and answer questions customers have. Still no comment from anyone from RoBo in either of the 1.2 robo threads.

10. wrdutcher

wrdutcher New Member

Braydon explained nicely, the reason for launching the JumpStart campaign in the Social Buzz link on the JumpStart web page.

3 people like this.
  11. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

If they are trying to get more advertisements they should of launched on indigogo at least more people know about that one

12. wrdutcher

wrdutcher New Member

Agreed, JumpStart is new, Robo is only their third campaign. Only one campaign suceeded selling an ink pen. They rely on Promoters to get the word out. Only 600 views. Not good advertising. Have not seen any references to the campaign on any 3d sites other than here. Should have went with indigogo.

13. scotta

scotta Active Member

I have made this same complaint on the FB page. Not looking for industry news, I can get that from flip board or any of the many 3d sites. I want news and information on what Robo3d are doing.

14. nak1017

nak1017 New Member

I, for one, would love to see an upgrade kit...

3 people like this.
  15. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

Surely the thing to do would be to launch the V1.2 on Kickstarter where they already have an established track record and existing links to news outlets.

16. scotta

scotta Active Member

I believe an upgrade kit is in the works.

17. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

18. wrdutcher

wrdutcher New Member

If they offer an upgraded model I will place a new order to replace the order I cancelled in Oct.