1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

SainSmart 12864 display

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Mike, May 5, 2014.

1. Mike

Mike New Member

Hello,

I bought the SainSmart 12864 display on amazon. I hooked it up with the Robo3D and flashed the new Firmware on the arduino.
    The Display starts properly but when I try to switch the menu the display flashes and the same Menu shows up. This happens every time i try to switch the menu.
    Do you have any idea for my problem?

[​IMG]
    image.jpeg
    I used this configuration:
    //LCD and SD support
    #define ULTRA_LCD //general lcd support, also 16x2
    #define DOGLCD // Support for SPI LCD 128x64 (Controller ST7565R graphic Display Family)
    #define SDSUPPORT // Enable SD Card Support in Hardware Console

#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

//automatic expansion
    #if defined (REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER)
    #define DOGLCD
    #define U8GLIB_ST7920
    #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER
    #endif

#if defined(ULTIMAKERCONTROLLER) || defined(REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER) || defined(G3D_PANEL)
    #define ULTIPANEL
    #define NEWPANEL
    #endif

#if defined(REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD)
    #define NEWPANEL
    #define ULTIPANEL
    #endif
    #if defined(RA_CONTROL_PANEL)
    #define ULTIPANEL
    #define NEWPANEL
    #define LCD_I2C_TYPE_PCA8574
    #define LCD_I2C_ADDRESS 0x27 // I2C Address of the port expander
    #endif

3 people like this.
  2. Mike

Mike New Member

Attached Files:

3. Marcus Siwica

Marcus Siwica New Member

hmm i dont speak arduino but ...

In file included from /dogm_lcd_implementation.h:38,
    from ultralcd.cpp:36:
    dogm_font_data_marlin.h:13: error: 'u8g_fntpgm_uint8_t' does not name a type
    dogm_font_data_marlin.h:172: error: 'u8g_fntpgm_uint8_t' does not name a type
    In file included from /dogm_lcd_implementation.h:40,
    from ultralcd.cpp:36:
    ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: 'u8g_t' was not declared in this scope
    ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: 'u8g' was not declared in this scope
    ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: 'u8g_dev_t' was not declared in this scope
    ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: 'dev' was not declared in this scope
    ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: expected primary-expression before 'msg'
    ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: expected primary-expression before 'void'
    ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:43: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
    ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h:44: error: expected ',' or ';' before '{' token

4. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

5. Jeff Mercado

Jeff Mercado Member

I just got mine working today. Merlin 2-14-14 with e3d. I left these lines commented out since they get picked up through the define of REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER. No problems with the menus for mine. The beep is a little loud, and the light timing out is a little annoying, otherwise it was a good buy at $50 (Amazon). But at $13 (ebay - free shipping) seems like a no brainer for the risk but I didn't see them until after I purchased via Amazon. Thanks Mike, I believe it was your Amazon review that made me take the leap, but setup seemed to work exactly as the Full Graphic setup throughout these forums. Anyone have a good enclosure/mounting solution for these yet?

SainSmart LCD Smart controller 12864

//#define ULTRA_LCD //general lcd support, also 16x2
    //#define DOGLCD // Support for SPI LCD 128x64 (Controller ST7565R graphic Display Family)
    //#define SDSUPPORT // Enable SD Card Support in Hardware Console

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Don't use that old firmware for starters. It might not even be in there