1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Saved Settings

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by dorourke7280, Jan 1, 2017.

1. dorourke7280

dorourke7280 New Member

Does Matter Control for Robo 3D R1 plus "remember" settings for a specific print? In other words, if I want to reprint something from my library will it print with the settings I used the first time (not the default settings)?

2. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

If you save the code that is generated by the program (Matter control) then it is a done deal.
    Later take the saved code (not the .stl) and run it again like in the SD reader, and you should get the same thing as the first time.

I'm no expert and I hope I'll be corrected if I am wrong.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I havent used matter control in so long i couldnt tell you an answer but matterhackers wrote matter control and they also have a forum so if you dont get a good solid answer here you can try there as well

4. dorourke7280

dorourke7280 New Member

Thank you! Obviously, I'm a first-timer. Using the "canned" program to get my feet wet.

5. Robert55

Robert55 Member

It looks like exporting and saving the g-code is the only option at this point. Only problem is, it overrides Mattercontrol's present settings by going right to the printer. If you modify the STL, you'll have to open the g-code with a text editor, re-set Mattercontrol to what you used for the g-code, and re-slice the model, then export the new g-code. I'm going to try importing and exporting the Profile and see just how many of the settings are actually carried. That would be good for material and/or nozzle changes.

Exporting the Material Profile does just what it says. I'd modify the name for each nozzle size - I'm using the E3D Volcano. For the model itself, we have to export the G-code. If you change materials, though, it will have to be resliced, which Mattercontrol won't do to a G-code file. Same if you change nozzle size.

#5 Robert55, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    mark tomlinson likes this.