1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Screen unresponsive?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ballhogjoni, Jun 20, 2017.

1. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

I've contacted support with no answer that has worked. My screen only responds to finger touch and stylus touch about 5% of the time. I've turned off and then back on. I've unplugged all cables from raspberry pie as instructed by support. Still unresponsive. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there. If the screen is being unresponsive it is likely defective. I would fill out a parts request form and ask for a new one or the machine to be RMA. I would (after submitting the form) call them, ask for tier 2 tech support and explain what is going on and what you want done about it (replacement)

ballhogjoni likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately there isn't much fixing on the new models.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you are so inclined we can point you to the part to buy to replace it (and it is not expensive) but @Geof is spot on here -- they need to fix this under warranty.

5. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

Same exact thing happens to me. Has been that way since out of the box. The stylus helps but only increases it to about 50% of the time being recognized.

6. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

I'd be interested in the part, just to see if it fixes the issue. Some part of me thinks it is lag on the Raspberry Pi system.

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd suggest the same thing to you, contact Robo for a replacement (even if you buy your own, its got a warranty and having spare parts isn't bad)

8. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

I've thought the same thing but I've waited over 10 minutes...so that can't be a lag issue or at least i'd hope they would have put a faster processor in it.

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No that is too long. Even a minute is too long.
    It is not the worlds fastest but part of that is because it is an old-style touch screen rather than TFT, but it should still be responsive.
    About the most I would suggest you do would be to burn a new copy of the RoboOS SD card and swap it for the one in the Pi.