1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Serial through raspberry pi

Discussion in 'Software' started by TomerO, Jun 5, 2016.

1. TomerO

TomerO Member

(Note: I'm mainly sharing what I did, no time to actually upload the stuff now + question at the end)

Hey guys,
    I am recently working (mainly for the challenge) on creating the option to flash the firmware through Octoprint without uploading files and installing avrdude.
    I was able to do so by writing a small plugin to highjack the serial communication temporarily when needed

The side results are that I can also override control and use S3D for example and I can also readonly in parallel to Octoprint.

* I tried to actually print like that with S3D, but the communication broke, the print stopped and the hotend burned a hole in my plastic bed :(

It's currently very tailored to my exact setup and no settings are available.

So my question is: is anyone interested in such a thing? Is it worth my time to make it configurable?

I will share the code as is anyway soon and update here.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sure :)

There are a number of Octoprint users on here.
    That is an interesting approach.

TomerO likes this.
  3. WZ9V

WZ9V Active Member

I'd be interested. I just setup the AVRDUDE method last night as was going to wrap it in some scripts so that I don't have to remember and type so much.

TomerO likes this.
  4. TomerO

TomerO Member

I didn't get to it but hopefully this week

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk