1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Setting up other slicers & octoprint

Discussion in 'Software' started by CDitty, Dec 28, 2016.

1. CDitty

CDitty Member

I am in the process of playing with various slicers and trying to get my octoprint working correctly. I've noticed that each slicer has a section for custom G-Code. Do I need to take the G-Code from MatterControl and put it in each of these places?

The reason I'm asking is that I've done that in OctoPrint and in CraftWare. I noticed that the printer now does the startup calibration at least 2 times.

What's the general consensus on this?

And is there a wiki somewhere that gives us all the various settings for the Robo Printers? Nozzle diameter, startup codes, bed size and even firmware name? Each program asks for that information and finding it over and over becomes a challenge for those of use (me) that are memory challenged.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Since OctoPrint itself is not a slicer do not put anything inside the OctoPrint Settings >> GCODE Scripts
    Otherwise you are okay with moving the gcode from MatterControl to Craftware, just be aware that sometimes the script may use variable names and that those names do not always match from slicer to slicer. These variables usually follow a command to heat either the bed or the extruder. You will generally find the correct variable names in the respective documentation.

There is at least one person here using Craftware, but for the life of me I can't remember who that is.

#2 WheresWaldo, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  3. CDitty

CDitty Member

Thanks. Yeah. I ran into the "variable" names when getting octoprint setup. I couldn't get the head or bed to heat up. I looked at the gcode and noticed the placeholder for the temps. Once I fixed that, it started working.

Thanks. I'll swap out the modified code with what was there.