1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Shipping an R2

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sgomes, Jan 13, 2018.

1. sgomes

sgomes Active Member

Hey folks!

Pretty soon I'll be moving countries, and taking my R2 with me. Since I intend to use it again, I'd like it to arrive in one piece :D

So how do you think I should pack it, in order to prevent the moving company from accidentally destroying it?

I've got the original heat bed with the pogo pins, which seems to be one of the more fragile components. I was thinking of raising the buildplate halfway to the top, removing the bed, packing it up in bubble wrap, and firmly attaching it to the bottom of the inside space, on top of the removable electronics cover. Perhaps cover the top and bottom of the buildplate in bubble wrap as well?

For the rods, I still have the plastic brackets, and I'll be using some zip ties as well to make sure everything is firmly held in place and nothing can move around.

Are there any other precautions you can think of?

Thanks! :)

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Get everything held in place the absolute best you concussion the crap out of everything and double box