1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Show us your best Robo 3d print

Discussion in 'Projects' started by John Rygg, Oct 27, 2013.

1. alonsoa

alonsoa New Member

Haha thanks Mike!

2. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

i can finaly upload pictures that i made on a 3d printer.
    first two are christmass decorations : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:38948
    the other is a vase i found some time ago. i have the file but not the link to message me if you want it.

i got the LED lights from light up balloons. they last for weeks on their power. constantly on (mine managed a month once)

DSCF3097.JPG DSCF3098.JPG DSCF3099.JPG

2 people like this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

4. cosber

cosber Active Member

This is my first successful print of a spool holder from Thingiverse. The parts needed some filing to get rid of rough edges and some junk in the slots. I need to tweak some more to get them to come out cleaner, but at least I can print now!

Attached Files:

5 people like this.
  5. Mattchu

Mattchu Member

Niiice! I am going to try printing that out this week, I've had the model saved for nearly a month now lol. How long did it take you to print it? Also, I am trying not to blink.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It took 8 hours or close to.
    I was going to Acetone vapor treat it and then thought--no--the rough finish looked just right.

7. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

Awesome holder. Do u have an STL or OBJ or 3DS of that ?

8. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

9. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

A poor photo of a great print (with a tea light for size reference). 0.08mm layer height.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

Toenails, Ms. Turvy. Toenails!
    Nicely done.

11. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

First printer for me and two weeks in but I am practicing with green so of course I have to print the Super Mario pipe pencil holder off thingiverse for my print desk lol.
    This one was interesting for me because it was an 8 hour print, My longest yet, I had to trust the machine for the first time and go to bed halfway through. Turned out great!!
    I even adjusted the infill since this Robo green pla is somewhat transparent (at least at 208 degrees) to purposely create the vertical lines effect so that was an experiment that worked. I did it at 30% honeycomb infill for the stripe effect on the outside but if I do it again I think .1 would be enough to space the lines out more.

For those that are starting out, this is everything stock from one of the first Robo's. no upgrades. No heated bed. Hell I don't even have tools or parts to level the acrylic bed yet, it has been a struggle early on but I'm finally getting very solid prints after 2 weeks of trying. This is a simple piece but its heavy, tall and shows that the stock machines can still work great if you hang in there.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

cool trick with the infill.

2 people like this.
  13. luketheyeti

luketheyeti Member

I was just looking at this today, how do you like it? How long did it take to print? How sturdy does it seem?

14. luketheyeti

luketheyeti Member

I was just looking at this today, how do you like it? How long did it take to print? How sturdy does it seem?

15. cosber

cosber Active Member

It works just fine, though I'm moving my printer to the work shed and plan on mounting a pipe spool holder above to hold multiple rolls of filament. I was having problems with the bed level so trying to print all the pieces at once didn't work, so I had to do them one at a time. I think each piece took about 25-30 minutes, I think. It's been a long time so I can't remember exactly. It looks rather flimsy. but it holds the roll fine.

16. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

I have that same spool Luketheyeti. It works great for me. It's a great and easy first multiple piece project if you don't have a spool holder yet..

Back on topic of prints, I just finished this one for my boy's school. They are making birdhouses right now so I was like, hey, I can do that too lol.

Its one of Gyrobots cool designs, the stealth birdhouse, found here, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:108892
    I am going to do in in a more neutral color when I order some but for now it's angry bird red. Kids can paint it anyway.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick Active Member

I haven't printed anything at 100 mircrons yet, mostly because I don't want to wait the extra time it takes for the print haha. But I did a print this weekend that hit the very maximum height limit of an R1 with an E3D installed: 200mm.

[​IMG]

This rose turned out pretty decent as well:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  18. neomage2021

neomage2021 New Member

Also have a King kong bust printing right now in ABS that so far is looking fantastic

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5 people like this.
  19. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Love the weeping angel and dalek

2 people like this.
  20. Ryan Ridings

Ryan Ridings New Member

I am in the process of printing a scale model of my car(2000 Honda Prelude). There has NEVER been a scale model produced(1/24th scale) of my car so I have taken it upon myself to make one :) It was printed at .1 layer height. One thing that bugs me is the supports messed with the model a bit SO I have had to do some post processing after this pic was taken. Its now smooth as a baby's butt with a nice layer of primer ready for paint.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.