1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Simplify 3D Manual Configuration Settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fruition_Factory, May 12, 2016.

1. Fruition_Factory

Hey guys, My S3D is on the fritz and its been over 40 hours and no word back from support yet to help me get back up and printing. Had to crack it to get back up and going ( I paid for it so as far as i am concerned i have the right to because i own it, it's their fault for having such an insane DRM)

Once i got it able to open, i realized that i have 0 configuration settings now and after the past day and a half dealing with the DRM woes i am running out of steam to play the guess and check game.

Would any of you kind chaps be so kind as to screenshot all the tabs on your FFF Settings for me? Maybe post your bitcoin address with the pics as well (if that is allowed) and i may be so kind in return to leave you a tip for your help in my time of severe aggravation and frustration with S3D's Nazi DRM.

Any help would be appreciated. I get the feeling i am not going to hear back from S3D support any time soon.

Edit: Forgot the FFF files are exportable. If any of you would be willing to share your .fff file for PLA so i have a baseline to start from again i would appreciate that as well.

2. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

I had to email them several times and they reset me with no problems within a few days. They showed me the correct way to move it around my computers as needed.

3. Fruition_Factory

I didn't move it. All i did is restart it, and "a couple days" has passed, " a couple days" is also unacceptable from a business stand point. As well as "emailing them several times", that's not support, that's being hounded into helping a customer who paid good money for a nice software. Unless they are going to pay me for the orders i have to refund now because i wont be able to deliver on time, the whole situation is unacceptable. None the less, complaining about it isn't going to get it fixed, hence why i just cracked it. But now i'm stuck with no settings which could take days to guess and check and get me up and running again. That's why i made the post, to see if one of you kind chaps would lend a hand with the settings so i can get a baseline to start from again.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Fruition_Factory and Geof like this.
  5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Here is mine for PLA (E3D standard). Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

Tim Pilcher and Fruition_Factory like this.
  6. Fruition_Factory

Thanks guys, you've been a huge help. Much appreciated.

Geof likes this.
  7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Share some photos :)

8. Fruition_Factory

Will do, tweaking everything and running some calibration tests then going to fire up a large print.

Geof likes this.
  9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Just use the best-of photos thread :)

Geof likes this.
  10. Tim Pilcher

Tim Pilcher New Member

Hi, I have just bought S3D and this will help a lot but can I use this for the +plus version as well?.

Many thanks
    TIM

11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

There are no functional differences with the R1+ -- just implementation/design differences.
    Is the firmware and some hardware different? Yes.
    There are no differences to the software doing the slicing/printing.

Larry H and Geof like this.
  12. Larry H

Larry H Member

Thank you very much I've been having configuration issues, or printer settings, or both. Since I got Simplify3D and I hope with a few tweaks my R1+ will be printing. Or at least I can rule out a few more issues ;)

13. pnkjb

pnkjb New Member

Thank you Mark. I was looking for the same thing.