1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Simplify3D, "Use Skirt/Brim" box checked but no skirt is printed?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Phenom3030, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Phenom3030

Phenom3030 Member

Hello all,

I'm having some issues with Simplify3D not printing a skirt for my prints anymore. It seemed to have started after I changed the G code to use BuildTak on my print bed. Here are some screen caps of the Scripts tab and Additions tab for the FFF settings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Phenom3030

Phenom3030 Member

Thanks @mark tomlinson, Just sent a message through Simplify3Ds contact support page. I'll try on their forums as well after work today.
    I like to use the skirt so the initial filament lays down and extrudes nicely before laying down the first layer of the object. Kinda like priming it before the actual print. I usually find two outlines on one layer is fine.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Someone here might have done this (Simplify and BuildTak).
    But their support should be able to sort it ...

Yea, I use a skirt as well and so far, v3.0 of Simplify has not stopped that, but my startup Gcode is a simple 'home all'...

5. Phenom3030

Phenom3030 Member

I received a reply form Joey Kramer at Simplify3D. I incorrectly put in the adjustment to accommodate for the BuildTak layer height in the wrong tab of the FFF settings. I originally put in the adjustment on the Advanced tab under Layer Modifications by checking the box for "Start printing at height: .20mm"
    [​IMG]

Joey advised that I should put it in the G-Code offsets under the G-Code tab, and apply .15 mm in the Z-axis area.
    [​IMG]

Success! My skirts are printing again!

mark tomlinson likes this.