1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Sjreggels Printer

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by sjreggel, Feb 15, 2014.

1. sjreggel

sjreggel New Member

Hi,
    just want to share with you my first printer experiences over the last month, this is my first 3d-printer so i had to learn from scratch.

sjreggels_printer.jpg

Modifications
    Done:
    • Added Tessecats Bed levelers.
    • Added an Raspberry Pi for PC independent / network control. (OctoPrint/OctoPi).
    • Added a webcam and mount to monitor the print remotely and make time-laps video’s.
    • Added Z axis smooth rod stabilizers.
    • Added some feet to the printer.
    • Use hairspray on the bed (Lóreal Elnett Satin) for better adhesion.'
    • Added a Fan to cool the ramps board.
    To be done:
    Problems found
    • The glass bed was broken on arrival (fixed by a replacement part)
    • One of the flexible z- couplings is bend, resulting in severe z-rods wobble and making grinding noises (some Teflon spray helped for the noise), although the wobbling does’t look very appealing i don’t notice any effect of this it in the resulting print.
    • The build (Y-axis) sometimes can''t reach the home switch. I can resolve it by pushing a screwdriver inside the y-axis guide, while the bed is completely in the forward position, pushing the internal guide sledge back, but this is a temporary solution!
    • Bed temperature issues, the bed cannot hold 90 degrees when the cooling fan is switched on. This is not resolved by just adding the cooling fan on the ramps, although it helps a bit, i need to replace the polyfuse to resolve this problem.
    • Jumps in Y direction:
      The pulley on the y-stepper came loose form the stepper motor, reconnected it again.
    • I had to tighten the X-belt
    • Nozzle clogging
      I sometimes get partial clogging, didn't find why yet!
    • added extra pressure on the filament springs using some additional washers.
    • Settings, Settings, Settings…….
    Whislist
    • E3d printerhead
    • Mastering Smoothing and finishing (in progress)
    • Flexible and other printing materials
    • multi-color / multi-material prints
    • Mastering Cad design.
    Achievements
    • Printed 0.1mm layer heights in PLA and ABS.

2. sjreggel

sjreggel New Member

And here some of my achievements:

• MarkerBot Robot, printed in gray ABS with 100um layer height without support.
    MAKERBOT_ROBOT_abs_100um_nosupport.jpg

• Yoda, printed in green PLA with 100um layer height without support (he has a kind of beard now)
    yoda_PLA_100um_nosupport.jpg

• Temptation printed in white ABS on 200um layer height with support (that was very hard to remove), and afterward vapor smoothed.
    temptation_ABS_200u_support_smoothed.jpg

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It takes some fine-tuning to find support material settings that work (and they will likely be different for PLA and ABS and WHATEVER else you print with). I suddenly have a ton of saved profiles in Repetier :)

4. sjreggel

sjreggel New Member

I use the default Robo3d Spool holder, with the printer. I didn't like the filament going in the corner of the top-slit of the robo3d, so i made a Filament Guide that you can clip on the top of the printer.

12695020795_ebc76ff743_b.jpg

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:255541

2 people like this.
  5. sjreggel

sjreggel New Member

2 people like this.