1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Skipping

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Steven Foxwort, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Steven Foxwort

Steven Foxwort New Member

I had a printer gifted to me. It was heavily clogged in the extruded and I got that fixed. I printed the calibration circle and it is skipping. Anyone have thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. fred3d

fred3d Member

Check that you can manually extrude filament in a continuous manner. This will confirm that the hot end can handle the filament thermal transfer. If that looks good, consider that if the nozzle is too close to the bed, it will have blockage that may result in skipping. The extruder pushes, pressure builds up enough to lift the nozzle to print a bit, then the pressure drops and the nozzle is blocked by the bed.

3. Steven Foxwort

Solved. The nozzle is suppose to be .4 but the previous owner must have messed with it or it got clogged and they use a hard metal tool. I check the nozzle at it was ab1.2 setting it at 1.2 or 1.3 made it better. Not perfect so I’ll probably have to buy a new nozzle.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Steven Foxwort

Attached Files:

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Nozzles are a wear item. They wear but the brass ones wear faster than the stainless steel or hardened steel.
    As they wear the nozzle diameter is worn out (becomes larger).

Hardened steel lasts the longest of that lot, you can even find titanium ones (have not tried them). In my use the hardened steel is perfect, I have yet to wear one of those out :)