1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

[SOLVED][Linux] Upgrade firmware, baud rate change, connect to printer, etc

Discussion in 'Software' started by h54, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h54

h54 New Member

Actually, the number of changes I made between Cura and Slic3r were not significant. I used the settings that Jerry from Robo3D recommended. I also tweaked the z-offset and upped the printing temperature.

However, it should be noted that Slic3r offers a lot more configuration options. Adjusting the z-offset wasn't even an option.

2. insomniac_lemon

For offset in Cura you have to do a
    Code:
    M565 Z-[WRITE YOUR OFFSET HERE]

in the start GCODE. Yeah, kinda sucks there isn't an offset setting especially since they could just make it pass the user data to the M565 command.

I seem to have better results with Cura than you, or at least I didn't have fatal issues. Yes, it printed way too fast (even after tuning it down) and the surface finish was crap because if was going so fast, but thanks to the "line" support, I was able to print a fan shroud and just leave the supports in like guides.

That said, I'm pretty sure Cura printed so fast it screwed up my printer a little. I was printing with Slic3r, I didn't have Z-wobble. I updated Slic3r and now it segfaults on graphics so I can't configure it anymore, so I try Cura (ugly prints), today I was having trouble so I tried Slic3r again and BAM I have z-wobble there, too.

Now I'm gonna have to fix my Z-wobble, although it's kinda odd Cura made it emerge in the first place.

3. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Late to the party but thank you. It looks like this thread helped me get my linux mint and cura 15.04.6 talking together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.