1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Steampunk Goggles

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by DjAnnexAlpha, Oct 26, 2015.

1. DjAnnexAlpha

DjAnnexAlpha Member

A friend of mine wanted me to make him some custom steampunk goggles for his halloween costume. He gave me free reign over the color and design. This is the result...
    [​IMG]

After sanding them down and then spray painting them with Metallic Antique Brass spray paint.
    [​IMG]

Final result after installing some plastic for lenses and decorative bolts. Everything is held together with clear silicone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

janot928 and Mike Kelly like this.
  2. DjAnnexAlpha

DjAnnexAlpha Member

Finished product. He is wearing them with his halloween steampunk costume. Pretty good end result as opposed to buying generic or most commonly bought ones, one can make their own with their own two hands.
    [​IMG]

Mike Kelly and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. scotta

scotta Active Member

Very cool. I like the asymmetry.
    This is my version of some steam punk goggles. They were downloaded from thingiverse. Just cleaned them up and used some brass rub-n-buff. Used some leather I had to do the straps
    -1.jpg -2.jpg

DjAnnexAlpha likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Should have printed it out of bronzefill.
    Downsides:

1) expensive as #$%^
    2) heavy as ^%$#

:)

Excellent job.

5. DjAnnexAlpha

DjAnnexAlpha Member

Awesome! Love it. My next project is coming pretty well. I am designing some molds and making them as hollow as possible to decrease print time while retaining quality. So far I dropped it from 14 hours to 9 hours. Now I just need a day where I can set it and let it print.