1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Step by step instructions for how to print with SD card on Simplify 3D

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Louis Tiger, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Louis Tiger

Louis Tiger Member

I've been searching online (and this forum) but havent found an answer yet.

I have an SD card, a USB with an SD card attachment, and a printer (Robo 3D).

What do I need to do so that I can upload a print to the SD card, and have it print in the robo so I can unplug the laptop connection and not have the print be interrupted?

Thanks.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

First you need to slice the STL into GCode then save the GCode file onto the SD card.
    Then load the SD card into the printer and from the PC software you can launch the print from the SD card.

I can only tell you how to do that last part with Simplify3D, but all of them support doing it one way or another as far as I know.
    Here is the picture of the screen in Simplify after I selected PRINT FROM SD CARD. You can see it looked on the SD card to find what was there and then I pick it and off it goes.

SD.png

Unplugging the USB cable once the print starts will let the printer carry on and do its thing with no computer.

Louis Tiger likes this.
  3. Louis Tiger

Louis Tiger Member

Thanks! I have it working now.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Just remember to unplug the cable before you shutdown Simplify.
    Otherwise it will cancel the print.