1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Sticky: RoBo3D Order Status?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Qhuy, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Qhuy

Qhuy New Member

Thank you for keeping us posted, Kirk.

2. Qhuy

Qhuy New Member

I got my printer, yesterday, June 18th. My order number is 2362. It works right out of the box. I printed three objects. They all came out beautiful and flawlessly. I love the auto bed leveling. This printer is rock. Thank you RoBo3D team for an amazing machine.

4 people like this.
  3. hphase

hphase New Member

I'm order #2663. Any idea when it might ship?

4. Sam Ho

Sam Ho New Member

My order #2137 Feb 2014, still not received. order later than me already received. Who can tell me what went wrong?

5. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Just got a reply from team Robo 3D regarding status of my order 2497 of 26 April
    ".....We momentarily postponed the shipment of printers because we needed to modify the heat bed wires. We’ll get your printer shipped out by next week. We are sorry for the delay."

6. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

Funny, mine was a day before yours and i haven't received a notification. Pla or abs model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

I ordered the ABS model. I sent an inquiry asking the status and that's the reply i got. No biggie for me, lots of toys to play with here and so little time. I'm glad its coming with the very latest upgrades though.

8. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

So 11 weeks seems to be the standard. I've noticed the site says 2-3 weeks now, I'm sure that's going to go well.. Either way, if I don't get a shipping notification by next week I'm going to probably going to cancel my order.. Seeing the amount of issues people are having in the forums and 3weeks passed the 4-6 weeks with no notifications is displeasing, even for a growing business you'd think you'd want to over do your customer service and have a lot more 1v1 with your customers. Even if it was just a my hands are up in the air, we're going as fast as we can, on a personal level and not a copy paste message. I'd be happy with that.

I'm trying to keep my faith and often feel sorry for mike on here because he's trying to hold up the ship. Thank for what you've been doing. You said Tuesday , I'd probably hear something. Well two have passed and coming up on our third. Patience is running thin. Anyways I'll give it a few more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They're really counting on this new shipment from China to eliminate their shipping time. Whenever the next 1000 comes in it'll be JIT shipping.

Though I'm not sure when this order is coming.

10. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Well the printer has not yet arrived and the anticipation and eagerness have diminished greatly to "whenever it gets here" status. Completed a lot of projects in the 10-weeks of waiting so far (finished the mods to the laser head for my engraver, revamped my home recording studio, got a new guitar and finally, built that audiophile tube preamp I always wanted) so there's lots of toys to keep me occupied.
    So many toys, so little time to play with them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Taylor Lee

Taylor Lee New Member

I am order #2661 and I got a reply last week saying it should ship at the beginning of this week, it didn't... but! I did just get an email this afternoon saying that my printer would get a free all metal hot end upgrade so thats nice :). The email also said they have gotten a handle on their manufacturing and are sending printers out the door daily.

Ill make another post once mine ships.

12. midnightangel0013

midnightangel0013 New Member

My order was 2503 and they keep telling me that next week it will ship. Well, this week came and went without shipment ... like the week before. 10 weeks with inaccurate mass postings and only a single response to an inquiry about the status ... saying that it would ship this week ... which turned out to be untrue. My faith in this company is bottoming out and I can only hope that the hardware (if I ever receive it) is better than the customer service, communication, shipping, and general business quality that they have shown so far.

13. Taylor Lee

Taylor Lee New Member

My hope is that their worst faults are only in their communication, hopefully because they are focusing on their product. I haven't lost hope that the quality of the printer will be up to par, although I am getting a little worried about support if i do have any issues... And all though it isn't a very good excuse, I can understand that they are a new small company and are probably running around like crazy and working hard to fix the issues.

The only thing that kind of ticks me off is that their website said a 3 week lead time and 5-6 weeks to arrive, while some people were past 8 weeks and still hadn't received theirs, AND THEN they decide to reduce their posted lead time to 2-3 weeks? That is just not right... and to be honest had they just said 8 weeks of the start (and I could afford to wait that long) I would have just patient and happily waited. I just don't appreciate all this lying...

#53 Taylor Lee, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  14. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Yesterday I got this notification which gives hope and restores some zeal. This would be a great improvement to have, as I wanted to buy one when I finally got the printer anyways. So, maybe a worthwhile wait. Looks like the printer is evolving rapidly:
    "All Metal Hot End Will be Installed for You
    [​IMG]We are sending this email to those patient customers that have been waiting on their machines. We understand there is a big delay and we sincerely apologize for this delay. For this reason, we have upgraded all of your R1 3D Printers to an All Metal Hexagon Hot End by RepRap Discount. This will not delay anything further as hot ends have been added in our assembly process in house.

We have now gotten a big handle on all of the manufacturing by expanding the team, stationing partners overseas, and ensuring quality control in all aspects. Please note that your machines will be shipped soon. We have them going out the door daily. Tracking number will come in your inbox as soon as it is shipped. Have a wonderful day and hopefully the all metal hot end upgrade will be worth the wait!"

5 people like this.
  15. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They're not trying to lie. There is actually some logic there, and above all an estimate is not a lead time and can vary.

Mike has been in china over seeing production and verifying the QC happening there is sufficient enough that when the printers arrive in the states they're ready for JIT shipping. This means they'll be able to get 120+ printers out a day if they needed to. When this occurs their lead time will drop to 0.

Granted it's said 3 weeks for about 3 weeks now and I haven't heard a peep on when those will arrive.

Soon™

2 people like this.
  16. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

It's a start-up business, with a new product that's continually being developed and therefore evolving, and that state of flux is very understandable. But it's also a very human condition to get upset when money has been laid down and time rolls on and on and no sign of the UPS guy with the big box.
    With all the upgrades, Auto-leveling, Heated bed sorted-out, Memory card slot, RepRap Hot End, etc., it promises to be quite a nice piece of equipment and at a reasonable cost indeed. That being the case, I have no problem with the wait. A constant and consistent stream of info would be nice though, as we the end users are in this case the financiers of the enterprise, and apart from receiving the device, we would kinda like to keep our eye on the investment.
    So, maybe it's time I order me some spools of PLA and ABS as I await the UPS truck?

3 people like this.
  17. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Getting the Hexagon hotend upgrade is worth the wait. It's infinitely better than the stock hotend.

18. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Email today from Tiffany of the Robo 3D Team (which I very much appreciate):
    "We regret that we were unable to send your printer within the time frame as promised. We have not been as fast as we thought we would be. Unfortunately our extruder supplier has failed to provide us with enough extruders that meet our quality standard. Now that we have managed to avail higher quality extruder with more capabilities, we have decided to upgrade all printers with the new all metal extruder called the Hex. You can read more about Hex at – http://www.reprapdiscount.com/hotends/67-hexagon-hotend-set.html
    All the printers that have not already shipped will receive the upgraded all metal extruder. However, this does require more time for us before we can ship a printer because we have to change the wires that power and control the extruder. If you have not received your printer yet, you will be getting this upgrade for free.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused."

2 people like this.
  19. Taylor Lee

Taylor Lee New Member

Just got an email this afternoon saying my printer is ready to ship :D so excited. PS i am order #2661

20. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Wow! Congrats! .....let us know how it works!
    .....Interesting, they seem to be willy-nilly, all over the place with delivery then, cause my order no. is 2497 dated 26 April