1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Sticky: RoBo3D Order Status?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Qhuy, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

A lot depends on how much the person complains, or if word gets put in for them. We'll see if we can't bump your order to ship soon :)

2. MinnesotaFats

MinnesotaFats New Member

I like that the communication has been better recently, it shows they do care. I have absolutely zero problem waiting, the longer I wait the more they fix on the printer. I would love to have mine now and to start printing, but I understand.

3. Commander Max

Commander Max New Member

This doesn't fill me with confidence, seeing a guy getting his printer(#2661) while I'm still waiting (#2568).
    I have seen this behavior in other industries, it's not good for current customer relations or future customer relations.

I would suggest the powers that be come on, and explain such a large discrepancy in their shipping process.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's actually very common you just don't hear about it because most customers don't willingly share private details.

5. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Just chiming in here to say woohoo for the hexagon upgrade. That is actually huge. Granted it's not a very costly upgrade, but it significantly increases the capabilities of your printer. Start with the easy PLA, but when you're ready to try some more exotic materials, you can just do it. No more worrying about warping or cracking the PTFE liner.

4 people like this.
  6. Commander Max

Commander Max New Member

An order number isn't a private detail. In order for anything to be known beyond that number. You would have to have access to the data base for the number to have any relevance at all. It is assumed an order number is chronological, thus causing trouble when a guy with a higher number is getting his ahead of the guy who was already waiting for a while. It will create ill feelings, thus a loss of a customer and/or return customer.

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Apparently you aren't familiar with social engineering. An order number could easily be used to trick someone into giving out personal details from the orderer without their consent. Just look at what people have done to trick amazon, paypal, and more into helping people socially engineer their way into other peoples accounts. It's happening all the time and we're honestly lucky no user has fallen prey to this.

People get put on the priority list for any number of undisclosed reasons. The only reason they got bumped was because got on this list. It's not that they're shipping out of order, but rather giving people priority to help calm them down or accomodate special circumstances. I've been known to request people be put on priority because I feel like they truly care about the RoBo3D and/or have a strong reason to have it. I don't do it often, but it's been done.

This isn't elementary school where everyone gets in line and you get in trouble for skipping the line. Priority lists are a real thing for any company. I had my works 2x put on priority list but I had no idea who I was bumping nor did they know I was being bumped, because they don't share this information publicly.

I think the real solution is to disallow people from sharing private details like this as a safe guard to prevent someone from using this information maliciously.

8. Commander Max

Commander Max New Member

The first rule of priority lists, you never make them public.

This is a message board, you have no idea who anybody is here. If I give out my order number, but no name. it stops there. If someone can get my info from putting out a number, but nothing else then there is some serious flaws in the system. Calling a bank on the phone I have to tell them three things. Without that info I get nowhere.

Like in this circumstance. At the moment I'm a very upset customer of Robo. I've been waiting for a very long time to get one of these machines. Like a lot of other people, then we see someone complains and they are bumped to to the front of the line.
    What am I supposed to think? It's all wonderful, Hell no, I get mad, and I'm complaining.

I afraid I can't care one way or the other about a product I haven't seen. But as a customer of Robo I feel slighted.

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Just because you don't think the information could be used for social engineering that doesn't make it the case. A clever social engineer gets very minute details about their prey and use that information to get more and more until they can learn everything about them. A order number COULD be used to steal information about you, even if it's simply being done by deceiving the supplier. Amazon is just as vulnerable to this as Robo. A bank is a different story, but is also vulnerable to social engineering and identity thieves. Most ID thieves aren't given the information by someone stupid, they steal it through social engineering. If you're fine sharing that detail then go for it, but using it as a means for social engineering is always out there.

Their priority list ISN'T public. The fact that they have it is common business practice. The only reason we KNOW they do it is because the out of order shipments happen. If you're truly pissed, email them in a polite way, explaining your dire need for a 3d printer, and they can probably help you out.

Complaining about it on a forum they don't even read, will accomplish literally nothing, but wasting mine and your time.

You shouldn't feel slighted because someone else did something extra that you didn't. If I never called makerbot my printer could have taken 2-3 weeks extra to get shipped. But because I called them and got their attention they put me on priority. This is how the business world works.

Seriously this happens all the time. I don't know why that's so hard to grasp.

The old adage "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" holds true.

10. Taylor Lee

Taylor Lee New Member

I feel a bit bad posting that i got my order, because it does look like i was bumped up the list. I don't want to say to much about my discussion with the robo3D team to avoid people just trying to sneak up the list. But if I was intentionally sent mine sooner it was because I calmly and politely explained my situation to them. I have sent a total of 2 messages to the robo team (first didn't get a response), and even when trying to vent my frustrations on this forum I did so in a way that still showed empathy toward them.

Try and remember that the people running this company right now are the ones that started it, they care about it and want it to do well. This doesn't mean they are going to always make the right choices, but it does mean they will make the ones they think are best and will work their asses off to get things back to running smoothly.

And one last thing, the costumer who is always unhappy no matter what you do, gives you no reason to try and make them happy.

3 people like this.
  11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

At least they're doing better than Makibox

12. Nijhuus

Nijhuus New Member

I ordered a Makibox... leadtime was 6-10 weeks i'm waiting now 34 weeks and counting. Hopefully that is not the case with my ordered Robo. I've had several times contact Team Robo and I'm quite confident.

I'm sorry if my english is not entirely correct, I am Dutch

13. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

You've seen the youtube video on makibox's situation, right? They're in a really bad spot.

Robo is not in that bad of a situation. They implemented a design improvement (removable glass heated bed), found a defect with it, and did the right thing by stopping shipping until it was resolved. They're now up and shipping again with some catch up to do. The communication was a tad sketchy. I think they're working on that as well too.

@Commander Max I agree with you 100% on the line thing. Although it's not going to accomplish anything here unless, ironically, Mike feeds it back to the Robo team. It must be extremely frustrating to have a line # and see people way ahead of you getting their order first. Even if it's something as simple as the cold cut line in the grocery store, it doesn't feel good to be in a queue where someone with a lower number goes ahead of you. Do they have wawa where you live? Their sandwich ordering system is annoying like that.

Regarding Mike's counterpoints. All I can think of is this:
    [​IMG]
    Maybe that can be stickied to the front page?

(thanks to @Denys Dmytriyenko google+ feed)

4 people like this.
  14. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I could only click LIKE once for that post <regret/>

15. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Well, I don't really mind the wait either, as the printers seem to be improving daily, but as a customer, it seems a shame and renders feelings of distrust, especially in a new company, that after dropping hard-earned cash and waiting patiently over 10-weeks, to find out one needs to also resort to "Cave-Man tactics", complain and/or get a word put in, in order to motivate delivery. That's my only gripe, I'll wait as the printers get better and better .....by the time I get mine, maybe I will be able to print in titanium.:)

16. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

This should be my motto. Argue all the points!

3 people like this.
  17. Nijhuus

Nijhuus New Member

@Printed Solid
    Yes I've seen the video. My biggest annoyance is the fact that there is no communication at all with the customers. I am now waiting 34 weeks and I have never had a reply to an email.

That's why I first contacted Team Robo3D before I committed an order. Luckily I got a reply within a few hours, and since then I am satisfied with the contact I have had with Team Robo!

2 people like this.
  18. bushisan

bushisan New Member

I could say I am a little annoyed to hear some one in the 2600's got their order and mine is in the 2400's
    especially since I am going on 14 weeks since I ordered yep back in April.
    I gave have only emailed left a message 2 times once when the lead time of 8 weeks was a week over at
    "9 weeks they will ship in next 3 weeks as we have fixed heat bed issue "
    and once when it hit "12 weeks they will be upgrading your print head and should ship in the next week"
    next week has passed......BUT I am hoping they will soon get my order out with that new print head.
    I mean I'm not going to cry to get a bump on a list.
    Cause frankly it ticks me off that people who ordered 220 orders after me got theirs.
    you guys should put a deposit of 10% non refundable on pre orders so people belly up to the bar
    and don't pull out cause they cant wait their time period.
    to think people get priority pushing us behind them just cause they are not patient and threaten to request a refund.
    Good luck finding a printer of this quality at this price point and build volume.
    I researched for months and decided this was the most versatile one and it was less than the next closest with a smaller build volume.
    I'll be waiting thank you for your work
    PS don't you push me to the end cause I am patient

19. bushisan

bushisan New Member

Taylor Lee please post a Pic of your printer when you get it with you in the pic humor us
    "I have sent a total of 2 messages to the robo team (first didn't get a response), and even when trying to vent my frustrations on this forum I did so in a way that still showed empathy toward them" your complaint was posted on forum less than 7 days ago I find that insanely fast response given robo team being behind in communications.
    SOOOOOO
    there are trolls on here messing with us
    this guy in other status forum
    Les HAll #2733
    I ordered my printer last Tuesday, order number 2733.
    posted on : Les Hall, Jun 16, 2014

Order #2733 shipped yesterday (15 July 2014) and will be here Friday (18 July 2014). Total waiting time: 4 weeks 6 days. In my case, at the time of the order the website said 3-4 weeks delivery, then the receipt via email said 4-6 weeks delivery. I have been waiting to get a 3D printer since February, so I'm kind of in a state of amazement that Christmas in July has arrived! woot!
    I ordered my printer last Tuesday, order number 2733.
    posted on : Les Hall, Jun 16, 2014
    http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/ind...r-the-robo-team-is-on.1152/page-21#post-23227

Im starting to think we have people feeding us a line of BS to troll robo 3d order forum
    So all Im sure we have not been forgotten we got a case of trolls.
    PS both users posting higher order numbers are less than a month old since joined
    they need to ban hammer stuff like that.
    its infectious

20. bushisan

bushisan New Member