1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Sticky: RoBo3D Order Status?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Qhuy, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Email from Robo 3D says my printer will ship today!
    I just ordered a spool of blue PLA from them ......how's their lead time on PLA?
    Seems like the "Squeaky wheel does get the grease" ......bring on that grease!

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Les Hall has a special set of circumstances that got his order position improved.

I'm collaborating with Team RoBo to get all the 2400's shipped out so if you're in this category send me a message and we'll make sure you get out ASAP.

They're not trying to hurt anyone's feelings by improving some peoples position, but that's the only way to make the other person happy. It's incredibly difficult to balance the happiness of all customers so they usually just focus on the one's threatening them

They really above all want happy customers. Please don't take order arrangement personally.

3. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

Mines been supposedly shipped on the 15th or so, from what jerry said to me in email, but I was never given a tracking number so I'm assuming it was never shipped. I asked for a tracking number yesterday and still haven't gotten a reply , I can only assume I was lied to.. If not great, if so this is getting out of hand stop giving out printers out of line who cares about someone's sob story I've waited 12 weeks and I ordered before them. They can wait the 12 weeks if we have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's not just sob stories. Some people are using it for educational, philanthropic, and other highly motivated uses. It's kinda hard to tell a school teacher they must wait in line to teach a small class on 3d printing, or someone that just wants to develop printable products for impoverished nations. The person using it to print yodas and tchotchkes probably won't care if they wait a little longer.

I'm highly empathetic though so it's natural for me to side with people of all different stories. Please remember this is not personal, it's business. I really just want to remove these threads but I do think they serve a valid purpose. Unfortunately they mostly just make people more upset, instead of quelling fears.

5. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

But the thing is, business wise there shouldn't be a priority , I'm not trying to make some cheap nicknacks , it shouldn't even matter what I'm using it for, what matters is i made my purchase with the assumption it would come 4-6 weeks like the website said, then they changed the days to a 3 week and then the fact that they're pushing orders out when they still have ones that are still waiting and that just says hey we don't care what your order is, I mean look at the general postings of most people on here about their order, no wonder they're upset you have this going on where people who recently ordered gettin theirs and then us who ordered 12 weeks ago still twiddling our thumbs.. I just don't see how that's good business, I've needed mine 5 weeks ago but I've waited I've been pretty calm but now it's just what's going on? Oh this guy gets priority ? Shouldn't I get priority because I ordered mine before him?

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I ordered our work Makerbot 2x and they said a 2 week lead time. After xmas break I called them up because nothing had shipped yet. They got it out the next day.

Is it fair to assume that I bumped in front of other people? Yes

Is it ethical? Yes

Is it happening all the time? Yes

It is annoying to be on the other end of? Only if you know it's happening. The other people I bumped had no idea and thus couldn't be upset.

Some people are really nasty to them. They get to choose how to deal with these customers. They choose to appease them and try and make them happy.

7. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Yeehah! [​IMG] ........Team Robo3D informs that my printer went out the door yesterday, and I have a FedEx tracking no. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

Well jerry was correct about my order, I received it yesterday, would of been nice to have a tracking number. Either way I hope the others orders get sent in order from now on so others don't fall into what some of us have. I'll be setting mine up tonight once I get off work. Just kind of down that in 2 days I'll be 5 states away to be able to play with my printer.

9. bushisan

bushisan New Member

dang Technidyne GRATS
    I'm order 2467 ordered a week before you and still have not heard hide nor hair about mine shipping.
    hopefully soon I have a few work items I need to use it for which I thought I would be able to do in June lol.
    maybe you ordered filament or something got it in a better queue.

10. Sam Ho

Sam Ho New Member

Today I received my shipment #2137, only find that the yellow, green, red, spool was missing. Please arrange the shipment of the above spools asap. and the blue spool only got 300g N.W. instead of 1kg.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Sam the blue spool is the starter spool all printers come with. I passed the word along to look into your other filament.

Also submit a customer service request here: http://www.robo3dprinter.com/pages/general-questions

12. bushisan

bushisan New Member

order 2467 has shipped
    So Happy
    Guys at work are not giving me the when questions anymore.... and I can work on my prototype prints
    now they are suggesting non work related prints that well.....were guys so you do the math lol

13. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

My printer arrived in Trinidad last night, will clear Customs today and Monday I should have it.
    Received this e-mail yesterday from the Robo3D Team:

For All You Amazing Customers

We just wanted to extend out another update to let you know what ROBO 3D is up to and how long until we expect more printers to go out the door. Right now, we are fully staffed in our warehouse space in San Diego (We actually had too many people and it became slightly unproductive so we altered some time slots to maximize efficiency in the workplace) and we are shipping printers daily. We have a LARGE batch of machines that are on the ocean and we expect them to arrive early August.

We are finally at a point where changes to the machine are finished and production of the machine is finalized. This means that all machines will be ready to ship when they arrive so however many labels we can print in one day is how many machines will go out. Our goal is to catch up to every single preorder early August. Which means if you are currently waiting for a machine, expect to have it by that time. I thank you all for sticking with us. If you need anything feel free to reach out to our support on www.robo3d.com. We are grateful for your business and we hope to see you all creating the future with your ROBO 3D Printers.

If you have already received your ROBO 3D Printer, please disregard this message.

14. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They stopped including the CD's. All the data is now on the thumb drive on the SD card.

In the device manager be sure you're pointing the arduino board to the Arduino Mega 2560 driver. This should install automagically but some users have issues.

The SD card plugs into a cable that runs off the Ramps 1.4 board. It tends to get dislogdged from it's mounting position when users remove the printer from the box

If you have any other questions please make a unique thread for this, or use the search feature for the other users who have the same driver issue.

Also throwing out the term 'paperweight' when you're having local connection issues is a bit harsh.

#94 Mike Kelly, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  15. BrianFraz

BrianFraz Member

I got my printer today (#2489) and was able to unbox it, set it up and print 3 things within about 4 hours. Granted, I did have some connection issues trying to follow the instructions that comes on the SD card. However, some digging around on the forums and I found a post (by Mike Kelly I think, so thanks) that he recommends installing the whole Arduino driver package with a link (http://arduino.googlecode.com/files/arduino-1.0.5-r2-windows.exe). Ran that and everything came up pretty simply.

All together I'm very surprised and happy I was able to get printing tonight and able to make some parts. Granted they are not printing nearly as sharp as I will be able to get them with some time, and I can already see some areas where I think I will be able to make some simple improvements to yield more accurate prints. But this is an affordable hobby printer and for my first impression I have to say it impressed me right out of the box.

Edit: Forgot to mention I am in Central California, so it arrived in a single day on ground shipping.

3 people like this.
  16. insomniac_lemon

Order#: 2880
    Order date: July 25, 2014
    Arrival date: August 18, 2014

17. Qhuy

Qhuy New Member

Wow....that's amazing how fast you are getting your printer. I waited for couple months to get mine. Honestly, I glad that I wait that long to get that auto bed leveling. It made a big different. It's a greatest machine to me, with just a few minor mods and upgrades. It's still fascinating to me every time when it print. I have to say thanks a million times to those 3d printer creators and Robo 3d team for this wonderful machine.

18. Swoop_ds

Swoop_ds New Member

Just wondering what the order numbers are at these days? I ordered a week ago and I'm order

19. Swoop_ds

Swoop_ds New Member

order 3024 shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow!

2 people like this.
  20. PACNOR RC AEROSYSTEMS

I am order #2109 =o) Any news on mine.