1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Stress testing using "Ready for Battle" Figure

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by pclabtech, Jun 8, 2017.

  1. pclabtech

    pclabtech Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    111
    Likes Received:
    73
    Here is some pictures of a print job I never ran on my original Robo or my R1 due to me being too afraid it would not do this piece justice.

    Here is the R2 printed version, the only really bad spot is by the chin where it's a little rough but all in all a successful print.

    IMG_004.jpg IMG_003.jpg IMG_005.jpg IMG_002.jpg IMG_001.jpg
     
    Ed Ferguson likes this.
  2. Ed Ferguson

    Ed Ferguson Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2016
    Messages:
    272
    Likes Received:
    220
    Looks good! Yeah - the underside of overhangs are tough to do. I found that setting the hotend temperature toward the lower end of the filament's temperature range helps in that situation. Increasing fan speed also helps there, but you're probably already running the fans at 100%.
     
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. WheresWaldo

    WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    5,905
    Likes Received:
    3,583
    Geof likes this.
  4. pclabtech

    pclabtech Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    111
    Likes Received:
    73
    The printer is initializing now :) We shall see...
     
  5. pclabtech

    pclabtech Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    111
    Likes Received:
    73
    Ok here it is! 20170609_054032~2.jpg
     
    Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  6. AlienBeans

    AlienBeans Active Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2016
    Messages:
    110
    Likes Received:
    27
    What was the print time for this? Print looks pretty good.
     
  7. pclabtech

    pclabtech Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    111
    Likes Received:
    73
    It "was" going to be 10 hours 42 minutes, but I changed the layer from .1mm to .2mm per layer resolution to reduce plastic use and time to 5 hours 24 minutes, give or take.
     
  8. daniel871

    daniel871 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2015
    Messages:
    1,322
    Likes Received:
    510
    Looks like either the retraction settings need tuning or the "minimum layer time" setting needs to increase to clean up the mess toward the top of the print.
     
  9. mark tomlinson

    mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2013
    Messages:
    22,246
    Likes Received:
    7,145
    That was my thought as well.
     

Share This Page