1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

PLA stronghero3d GT-PLA and GoldX PLA review

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by tommy_3d, Nov 16, 2016.

1. tommy_3d

tommy_3d New Member

I just bought two rolls filament from stronghero3d on their Amazon shop, it is expensive, directly shipped from China, they don't have wareshouse in USA and not good selling record in Amazon, it seems that they don't have reseller or distributor in other country and focus in China mainland market .
    two rolls PLA filament, GT-PLA and GoldX-PLA, look much shiny, and I saw their photos are really good result.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I printed with this machine, cover the logo in the 3d printer, I don't want to do advert for this company(and they don't need me to do ).
    [​IMG]

And I found stronghero3d have a page on thingiverse, lots of China culture sculture model, I asked they to give me the original full size file, that can print the best result.
    Final, let's see how the model come out, I printed ,
    [​IMG] a dragon pillar
    [​IMG] Guanyu with a blade
    [​IMG] a smilling monk

how is your feel? is it good? I am fullly satisfied, love it .
    I hope someday can buy their filament in local reseller, I already get tired print with some standard PLA, not shiny ,bad surface, very attracted, and bad smell.

2. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

Well it looks good but I feel I am reading a commercial.

What I am looking for is a good price for better PLA. I don't want to pay over $45.00 a roll. So far I use Esun PLA Plus+, Makergeeks Raptor series, Orb Polymer (on sale in bulk I get them at about $15.00 a roll), Proto Pasta, LD wood is the really good, and many more composite PLAs.

In this hobby (for me it is a hobby) it isn't the cost of the printer as much as the filament costs that will get you. Like any addiction I just got to score that good filament feeling that prints just right and looks so good.

#2 Chuck Erwin, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    tommy_3d likes this.
  3. tommy_3d

tommy_3d New Member

Yes, I agree. A good filament can do a good printing result.
    price is important too, their price in China is OK, I looked through their taobao(alibaba retail C2C) page , selling well. somebody in Taobao sale PLA as low as just $5/kg free shipping, China 3d printing market is crazy. Anyway, stronghero don't sale as low price.

I see their print other models ,that is awesome. I just really want to do the same as they do, they are only a filament producer, not 3d printer supplier.
    [​IMG]