1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Stuck at Splash Screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chris Kucsera, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Chris Kucsera

Chris Kucsera New Member

Sorry if this has been asked before; didn't find anything similar.

Running Windows 7 (32-bit) and loaded Repetier-Host 0.95C on a Dell Latitude d620. .Net4 is installed, and the video card is OpenGL 1.4 compliant. USB->Serial installed. Windows recognizes the Arduino.

Repetier-Host hangs at Splash Screen; after 5 minutes or so Windows tells me the program has stopped working and will be closed. No other error message or explanation (thanks Microsoft!). I realize that there are a plethora of software issues that could be causing this, but some guidance on what to check would be greatly appreciated. Just received my Robo3D printer, and I'm stuck half-way thru the "Getting Started" procedures. Thanks!

CK

P.S. Also posted to the Repetier forum. Just thought someone here might have encountered a similar issue.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I have not tried that combination, but windows 8 works with it.
    Make sure you have all the updates applied and the latest arduino driver...

3. Chris Kucsera

Chris Kucsera New Member

Yeah, I've checked all that. Just tried rebooting in safe mode and Repetier runs fine. So it looks like I'll be going thru selective startup to figure out where the conflict is.

CK

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Also, try Cura (software.ultimaker.com) or MatterControl (mattercontrol.matterhackers.com) instead of Repetier. Maybe one of them will suit you better (and WORK).

5. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

In windows run, type msconfig and try to disable as many start up programs as you can. Reboot and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk