1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Stuck on blue screen after update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lalo Garza, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Lalo Garza

Lalo Garza New Member

Hi,

I am having trouble getting my C2 to get past the blue screen with the Robo logo. This is even after opening it up, unplug the connections to the LCD screen, the micro usb, and pulling the SD card out. This is what is recommended on the help articles.

I originally had this problem even before applying the update, but was able to resolve it once I pull the SD card. I proceeded to apply the update but had to shut it down and after powering it back up it gets stuck on the blue screen.

Has anyone run into this issue? any recommendations?

thanks!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, yes... I have had that happen and the best solution is to take a new SD card and burn your backup of the OS image* on there, replace it with the one in the Pi and let it catch up on updates.

*you DID make a backup...?

3. Lalo Garza

Lalo Garza New Member

Hi mark,

Thanks for your reply. I did not fore see this happening so i did not back it up... do you know how i can get to the original state of the OS?

cheers,

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You must contact Robo support directly, they can provide you with an image of the µSD card.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Exactly. We have several threads on here that discuss making a backup of the image, I am not sure if there is a FAQ post in the R2 or C2 section to that effect yet (there should be).

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

OK, we have the FAQ post, but we need to make sure we update it to include the instructions for backing up the SD card image.