1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Success at last!

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Drmike, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Drmike

Drmike Member

I started out with a lot of problems, with most of my posts to this forum being questions about why things were not working. I had both hardware problems, and software problems, including but not limited to STL translations, MatterControl and Cura and Slic3r screwing up and crashing, power supply failures, etc, etc. I ended up writing my own gcode generator, and had a lot of failures with that too as the first image shows.

20160410_194644.jpg
    After more hardware failures got fixed, and I figured out I did not need such thick walls, I finally got a print that worked all the way through:
    20160410_212720.jpg
    It is off center so I think the lifting in the left corner will be fixed by shifting my X and Y offsets. I shoved an LED into one of the rings, and it a tight fit, but it's exactly what I wanted.

So thank you to everyone who answered my questions in "troubleshooting", I am now in the realm of tweaking for perfection rather than pounding my head on the wall trying to figure out what is wrong.

Patience, persistence, truth,
    Dr. mike

Attached Files:

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.