1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Switching Greg's wade to Reprap i3 extruder (WIP)

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by max longstaff, Jan 7, 2017.

1. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

I found the Greg's wade had too many points of failure to print sustainably (well at least mine did)

I have bought a reprap i3 extruder and plan to fix that in place of the wade wheel extruder, not sure how yet or if its even going to be successful.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KHKNMSO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

any suggestions or links to helpful 3d files for mounting etc would be greatly appreciated :)

So far i have printed a bar that allows the e3d v6 to be locked in place and am waiting for the rest to be delivered

Geof likes this.
  2. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

[​IMG]
    Should work nicely, the spring that came with it was to short but replaced it an seems to work well, ( i will eventually 3d print something to hold it in place better

now just need a new thermistor and should be ready to go

Geof likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Interesting. Generally that style of extruder is used for a bowden conversion (to reduce the moving mass on the X axis)

Geof likes this.
  4. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

:) it's not 100% ideal would have used the e3d titan if the price weren't a factor at the minute,

This setup should be a usable replacement for the wade if im not mistaken :p (can't test this until i get a new thermistor so might be wrong)

Geof likes this.