1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

teensy 3.5 to RAMPS

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Sean Carson, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Sean Carson

Sean Carson Member

I'm trying to make a board that will connect a teensy 3.5 to a standard RAMPS 1.4 board. I'm running it with Marlin ported to the teensy (https://github.com/teemuatlut/Marlin/tree/32bit-HAL). I can get the X and Y steppers working fine. Z and Z2 don't work right nor do the endstops. I'm not worried about those since it's probably just a mistake in configuration. There are 2 areas I cannot figure out.

I cannot read the temperature. It's a constant 235 degrees. I think I'm no understanding the proper usage of AREF. I also cannot control the heaters. I don't think I am using my mosfet drivers properly. I bought some TLP4227G optocouplers for this purpose. No matter what, the heaters are running.

I've attached the eagle files for my setup. I'm not an electrical engineer, so I'm learning this as I go.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Not functionally familiar with the teensy (although I have seen one), but ...

How are you reading the temperature? Analog input port?
    Same might be true for the heaters... are they using Analog output or digital?

I suspect it is at least partly an issue with the motherboard configuration in the Marlin setup. That is a bit of a dark web of intrigue how they designed that part of the code.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Moving this to projects since it is not really a Robo Mod.