1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Temp Drop off

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JeffTheMess, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffTheMess

JeffTheMess New Member

Hey All, Okay,i'm getting frustrated now with my issue. Okay so my temp drops off during my print and only my print, I could leave it on for an hour without printing and it will never turn off. I thought it was the thermistor but I just replaced my stud thermistor with a new one with a new wiring aswell. I always added a Full Graphic Smart Controller. The Error I get on the Controller is basically the same through S3D. Temp Fall error (on the lcd) M999 reset temp error on S3D. No matter what I print I turn off. I even tried autotune my PID and nothing seems to work. Any ideas from you Robonauts and Roboneers? Thanks

2. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Turn your PLA cooling parts fan speed down. I have the same problem.

I found 50% works and I wont get temp fall errors anymore. You can adjust this in the cooling tab in S3D

Do you have a fan duct or the stock fan? I have the stock fan on my R1+ and it sorta just blows everywhere instead of being directed at the nozzle. Anyway the heater just cant keep up.

If turning the fan down and or printing with a fan duct didn't work. You can replace the heater with a 40 WATT heater. ( I just did on one of my machines )

#2 KTMDirtFace, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Geof, JeffTheMess and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. JeffTheMess

JeffTheMess New Member

You son of a bitch,I can't believe it was that easy! Thanks a million times over! Now two more question about the 40W heater, first can the stock power supply of the robo handle it and second question can the e3dv6 handle it? Thanks again man the amount of pain i've been through is insane.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

You'll be fine with a 40 watt heater. If you get concerned wire it direct to the ramps. I did not, I used the jst connector with no issues so far.

Edit: to be fair, even a 40 watt heater can be overpowered if the cooling fans blow directly on it

5. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Yea I bought 5, 40 Watt heaters on amazon prime thanks to mark t's reccomendation for $9 they work fine with the E3D ( which is what mine is on now ).. and stock powersupply

I wired mine directly, no connectors.

Geof likes this.
  6. David Lockwood

I've been dealing with the same headache ever since I reattached the parts fan to the RAMPS. This explains much. I was about to reflash my firmware and I shudder to think the morass I would then find myself involved.

Geof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.