1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved TEMP FALL ERROR

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by James Slaughter, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

2. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I need your z offset, temperature, how many shells or perimeters, infill percentage and material type so it turns out as a good print for you

4. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Thanks. Material type is abs. Z Offset is 0

To be honest, for shells/perimeters and infill, please use what you would recommend for that object. I am still learning. If that's ok.

5. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

I have been printing at 235/80 Is that sufficient

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

So z offset wouldn't be zero. Thats a mattercontrol nonsense :) ill guess and you tell me if the first layer is to close or to far away. Abs is rough for print quality as i dont use it. But i can guess if youd want to use that

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes thats good. Can i upload a z offset and you upload a picture of the first layer ?

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

give this a go. Its a little difficult for me as I dont use ABS so I dont know how it will react but its worth a shot. The first layer should look good and squished. The issue with ABS is that it likes to warp so I have the cooling fans shut off but it will likely warp anyway as its a large model. Good luck and hope it goes well for you.

Attached Files:

9. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Many Thanks!

10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

No problem let us know how it goes

11. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Geof - I'll post pictures tomorrow, but it worked awesome! I printed from the SD card because that seems to be the only way I can get a print. And this is only the second successful print! Ironically, the first successful print was the calibration circle tonight using mattercontrol. But when I loaded in a different STL (the baterang file from the same site) it stopped again with temp fell too fast error.

So in short, it seems the only consistent way to keep it running is to print from the SD card. I don't know why though. We have literally installed fresh MatterControl Software on three different computers and if MC is slicing the file, it stops with Temp error...

I hate to be a bigger pain, but I am now eager to learn what settings you used and what version of simplify3d you are using. It worked very well, stuck very well, and printed perfectly. Thanks!

12. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

So simplify 3d is a paid for slicer. Its 150.00 for a lifetime membership but i can take screenshots of all my settings. Matter control was just junk for me :) z offset -.85 with the temps you said and part fan off. My guess is your part.fan is blowing on your heater overpowering it.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  13. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

40 watt heater should correct that issue and crazy cheap on amazon.

14. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. The 40 W heater should be here today. Confusing thing is that it was failing with the parts fan physically disconnected before. So it couldn't be overpowering the heater.

I did order the new heaters from the link you sent Mark and they should be here today. Going to install and try again.

I do think I am going to splurge and buy simplify3d. It has the right presets in it for Robo3d - correct? Or am I going to have to set it up from scratch - with bed sizes, etc.

15. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It has presets for the Robo, I will let someone like @Geof who has a more current printer (the R1+) speak to how well those work.

It is not difficult to get it initially setup even if you start from scratch, but it is a different UI so review their online training videos and the like for a deeper dive into how it works.

Geof likes this.
  16. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I would honestly suggest getting the printer working correctly and retry the free slicers.

Yes simplify 3d has a preset for robo but your settings need adjuster for your machine(ljke the free slicers)

That being said i do love s3d :)

17. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If the 40w heater is still exhibiting the problem of being unable to maintain temperature then it must be a problem with the RAMPS not delivering enough current to maintain it.

Geof likes this.
  18. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

They do work but i get better results like with all slicers by adjustment :)

19. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Great advice. What I have been trying to do is systematically rule out what could be causing my issues. Right now I am printing another Batarang that Geof sliced for me but I am doing it while keeping the printer connected to the PC. As I mentioned, it seems as though this printer does not like files sliced from MatterControl. The problem is that I need to have consistent prints without MC slicing the file to confirm that. So I'll be working that today - as well as replacing the heater with the 40W once it arrives this afternoon.

One thing I noticed that is a weird is that when I print the Gcode you sent me Geof - it uses 240 and 85 for the temps - instead of 235 and 80. Did you set it that way purposely? It's working great with those temps which is why I ask.

20. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol! To many beers on my end last night i must have forgot to change the temperatures. 245 and 85 is my colorfabb xt temps ! Lol. If its working great im glad. Very sorry about that