1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved TEMP FALL ERROR

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by James Slaughter, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

They are really decent machines. I've had mine well over a year and countless hours...months of print time lol. You just can't go wrong :).

As far as the first printer those connections are easily misplaced :). I've done it tons of times the bright side is parts are very cheap and now you know all of the printer so upgrades will be easy :)

2. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Thanks again for all of the help. Printed a rather large (5 hour) piece last night. Had some minor lifting of the edges, but nothing major, and most importantly - it completed! We are now going to move it from downstairs to my son's room and connect it to his computer where it will live. Once I have a satisfactory print from him - I am going to call this one good. Will let you guys know tonight!

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If your printing abs expect some warping :)

4. Rescue35

Rescue35 New Member

I hope you have it figured out. I am currently facing the same problem out of my R1. Thank you for sharing, I'll start a thread documenting my troubleshooting but will continue to follow this one.

5. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Thanks Rescue. You've come tot he correct place! These guys are awesome. I am a noob myself, but I will help in any way I can. I'll look for your thread.

Geof - Are there any secrets to getting ABS not to warp?

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Heated chamber is the only sure solution.
    Some forms of directed heat will help,minimizing air flow around printer will help.

7. Rescue35

Rescue35 New Member

I managed to get decent prints from ABS but I am in the process of switching over to PETG. To keep the edges from lifting on ABS I used a Raft (usually under bed adhesion/supports) on large parts. I always used Aquanet hairspray regardless of the part size. FYI, I use Cura to slice and print from a SD card via XL screen.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I chose.to.not fight abs and picked other materials that fit my needs.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  9. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Thanks everyone for all of the fantastic help. Have printed several pieces with no error! Still working with ABS as that is what we're used to. Why you may ask - because my son has had an UP Mini for about two years and that's all we printed out of it. Prints were actually pretty decent, but then again, it's got an enclosure. Just got the second Robo from Amazon today! And it comes with 6 rolls of PLA - can't wait to try them out. Looking forward to learning enough to help others around here the way you guys helped me!

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you can get your printer and environment right, ABS is fine s a material.
    Just remember that there are a lot of choices and not just PLA or ABS any longer.
    All of the other choices are easier to print consistently than ABS and many exceed it in terms of properties :)

Need strong filament? Yea, ABS is bottom of the pile. Need high heat deflection? Yup, better choices there too.

However it is a good place to learn and you already have it. I am not saying you won't find a use for it, but compare around.