1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

The computer or the software???

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kirk, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Kirk

Kirk Member

So lately my printer has just been stopping mid print (but the software thinks its still running) or the printer just seems to disconnect during the print. usually once I manage to get one print done its almost impossible to complete a second print.
    My robo has never seemed to initially connect well (even with different ports) but when it did connect it would be fine and could run for days print after print.

in mattercontroll and repetier host it just plane has a hard time connecting and most of the time in repetier host it doesn't even recognize it had a heated bed (I have to reconnect around a dozen times before it does) and most of the time when it finally does connect it just sits the saying 1 command waiting?

Any ideas on why it would just stop mid print and never start again or why repetier host will say 1 command waiting? (and do the same stop mid print) can you find out what the command is?

Thanks

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Operating system? If windows what does your arduino show up as in device manager

3. Kirk

Kirk Member

Windows 7.....comes u under ports trendy USB serial ( com5)

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. Kirk

Kirk Member

I already have that installed very 1.5.8 from when I had to flash the new board

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This all sounds a lot like lost communications via the USB.

New, improved cable would be a good start.

7. Kirk

Kirk Member

I was just printing something in repetier host and it stopped.. ..and repetier says it's still connected.... I will try and find a new cable though

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, those are the symptoms for a cable problem. With Repetier you may see commands waiting or the like in the terminal window.
    You may also want to consider a powered hub as well (particularly if you are on an Apple platform).

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Update your driver > Browse my computer > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on this computer > Uncheck Show compatible hardware > Find Arduino from the manufacturers list > Select Arduino Mega 2560